The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lock the 'New Topic' button but not the 'Post Reply' button

Go down

Lock the 'New Topic' button but not the 'Post Reply' button Empty Lock the 'New Topic' button but not the 'Post Reply' button

Post by Slevin-van-Nein December 17th 2008, 7:22 am

Is there a way to lock the 'New Topic' button, but keep the 'Post Reply' button active? I'm using phpBB 3 with the HitSkin, Aero-Vista version 1.1.0 v1 by Jalokim. I've searched high and low here on this forum and in the administration panel, every time I lock a topic it locks the forum too.

Thanks for any help I receive.
Slevin-van-Nein

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Lock the 'New Topic' button but not the 'Post Reply' button Empty Re: Lock the 'New Topic' button but not the 'Post Reply' button

Post by Guest December 17th 2008, 7:28 am

Hello,

Firstly, I think you mean whenever you lock a forum, it locks the topic - not, when I lock a topic it locks the forum.

Secondly, it is possible to do, but the 'New Topic' button won't change, it will stay the same, but is clicked on, a message will display saying it can't be used.

To do this, go to the Administration Panel and click on the "General" tab. Click on "Categories and forums", then scroll down and find the forum you want to lock posting new topics in. Click the Lock the 'New Topic' button but not the 'Post Reply' button Editer button. Click the 'Permissions' tab, then 'Advanced Mode'. Uncheck the box that allows Members to 'Open a Topic'.

Save your changes, and repeat for the necessary forums.

Hope this helps,
Daijiro

Back to top Go down