The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I make these small adjustments to my forum?

5 posters

Go down

How can I make these small adjustments to my forum? Empty How can I make these small adjustments to my forum?

Post by matt December 30th 2008, 5:44 pm

Ok I have noticed a small problem on my forum. It's not that big of a deal but I would like to fix it because I'm somewhat of a perfectionist lol. Anyway, I've noticed that on some of the input fields when you roll your mouse over them the border and the text beside it disappears. Pictured below. What do I need to change to fix this? CSS? Also how can I make the text darker on the register button because it's hard to read. Thanks in advanced.

Matt

How can I make these small adjustments to my forum? Rolledonlogin
matt
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

How can I make these small adjustments to my forum? Empty Re: How can I make these small adjustments to my forum?

Post by matt January 10th 2009, 6:02 pm

Nobody knows? I know on this forum whenever you log in the text turns from dark grey to black and the box you type in has a blue border around whenever you hover your mouse over it. I just need to know how to change the colors.
matt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

How can I make these small adjustments to my forum? Empty Re: How can I make these small adjustments to my forum?

Post by Carryn January 10th 2009, 6:27 pm

I wish I knew.
All i know is I think the your link color is the color of the text in the Register button. change the link color and it will change.
How to "only" change that button...i have no idea
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Post by snabhi January 12th 2009, 2:43 pm

ARE YOU USING GOOGLE CHROME ?
snabhi
snabhi
Forumember

Male Posts : 122
Language : English

http://maja.up-with.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex January 12th 2009, 3:21 pm

hmm, that simply because of css problem. based on your SS there i assume you use phpbb3, btw can your point me what exaclty skin your use there on hitskin.com?

it more easy to find out what your problem there if i look on your skin CSS Smile
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by metram January 12th 2009, 6:18 pm

you need to change you background color otherwise i cant help
metram
metram
Forumember

Language : bulgarian

Back to top Go down

Post by matt March 6th 2009, 9:48 pm

I am using Phpbb3 but I'm not using a hitskin. I'm using a skin I made. Why do I need to change my background color?
matt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn March 6th 2009, 11:13 pm

matt wrote:Ok I have noticed a small problem on my forum. It's not that big of a deal but I would like to fix it because I'm somewhat of a perfectionist lol. Anyway, I've noticed that on some of the input fields when you roll your mouse over them the border and the text beside it disappears. Pictured below. What do I need to change to fix this? CSS? Also how can I make the text darker on the register button because it's hard to read. Thanks in advanced.

Matt

How can I make these small adjustments to my forum? Rolledonlogin

Ok since your first post I have changed this myself.
I think you need to find the part of the CSS that says
Code:
   }
fieldset dl:hover dt label {
   color: #000000;
   }
and change the black to a diff. color.

I've also changed the button too, but I can't remember...still looking for it.
Carryn
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by matt March 6th 2009, 11:24 pm

Ok i got it so that the words don't disappear anymore but the border still disappears on mouseover. Is there any way to change this? This is all that show up in my CSS sheet by the way. I tried changing the select color code but it didn't do anything. Thanks for your help by the way.

select {
color: #ffffff;
}
}
matt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn March 7th 2009, 12:11 am

For the border:
in this section

/* Input------------------------------------------------------*/

look for
Code:
.inputbox:hover {
    border: 1px solid #000000;
    }

Hope that helps.
Carryn
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by matt March 7th 2009, 12:51 am

I don't have anything like that. The only thing in my CSS sheet is:

select {
}
}

Could you post the whole code you are talking about so I can paste it into my sheet? Or is what you posted all I need to paste.

Here's a screen shot of my CSS Stylesheet:

How can I make these small adjustments to my forum? Css
matt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn March 7th 2009, 6:20 pm

So when you click on
"see your forum basis CSS" there isn't anything?? no pop-up window with all the codes in it?

and since you asked...
Code:
.inputbox {
   background-color: #f3e4e4;
   border: 1px solid #BCBCBC;
   color: #6b6b6b;
   padding: 2px;
   cursor: text;
   }
.inputbox:hover {
    border: 1px solid #ffffff;
    }
.inputbox:focus {
   border: 1px solid #000000;
   color: #6b6b6b;
   }
input.inputbox{
    width: 85%;
    }
input.medium{
    width: 50%;
    }
input.narrow{
    width: 25%;
    }
input.tiny{
    width: 110px;
    }
textarea.inputbox {
    width: 85%;
    }
Carryn
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by matt March 7th 2009, 7:52 pm

Ok thanks a lot that worked great. Now I only have one more problem. I'm using a dark grey and black scheme for my forum. For the text color I have a light grey color which looks great. However, I have my text fields white and I'm trying to figure out how to make the text inside the field for posting a comment black. If I change the text color which is what controls it, then it changes my titles, topics, and everything. I'd like to keep my default text color light grey but the color of the text in the post a reply box to be black. How can I achieve this? Thanks again.
matt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn March 7th 2009, 11:03 pm

matt wrote:Ok thanks a lot that worked great. Now I only have one more problem. I'm using a dark grey and black scheme for my forum. For the text color I have a light grey color which looks great. However, I have my text fields white and I'm trying to figure out how to make the text inside the field for posting a comment black. If I change the text color which is what controls it, then it changes my titles, topics, and everything. I'd like to keep my default text color light grey but the color of the text in the post a reply box to be black. How can I achieve this? Thanks again.
I'm not sure about the input text, but since you are happy with the gray text color, why don't you change the input background to something other than white--so the text shows better.
How can I make these small adjustments to my forum? Screen12

.inputbox {
background-color: #292929;

Maybe someone else knows the answer.
Carryn
Active Poster

Back to top Go down