The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum name that appears in the e-mails notifications

3 posters

Go down

The forum name that appears in the e-mails notifications Empty The forum name that appears in the e-mails notifications

Post by Sally March 31st 2007, 5:59 pm

Hi. I have a question about the site (forum) name that appears when I or the members receive an e-mail regarding a notification of a topic reply or a pm etc If I put a name in Administration Panel - General Admin - Configuration - Site name when I or the members got an e-mail from my forum, we see the name i.e here (The forum of the forums)

What I would like to know is how to still have the site name appearing in the "sender" category in the e-mails notifications without putting the name in "Site name" in the Administration Panel. I'm asking about that because when I remove the site name in the Administration Panel, when I or the members receive an e-mail from my forum, the sender category is empty as sometimes I like to put the forum name in the logo and stuff like that.

Anyone know how to solve that. Thanks. :)
Sally
Sally
Forumember

Female Posts : 136
Language : English/French

Back to top Go down

The forum name that appears in the e-mails notifications Empty Re: The forum name that appears in the e-mails notifications

Post by Seer Jade April 1st 2007, 6:06 am

Hi.

Every email that the board sends out (be it notifing a member of a topic they are watching receiving a reply or a message you yourself send via the forums) use the admins email. So your best bet would probably be to put the sites name and/or url in the signature that will be attached to the end of that email.

Go to:
Administration Panel > General Admin > Private Messages & Email

Under the "Email Settings" Box there will be two places to type things. Admin Email Address and Email Signature. Simply put it in the sig section.

Hope that helps ^-^
Seer Jade

Female Posts : 5
Language : English

http://linktotheouterworld.editboard.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

The forum name that appears in the e-mails notifications Empty Re: The forum name that appears in the e-mails notifications

Post by Cornelia April 1st 2007, 8:28 am

Hello.

If you want to not display the site name on the forum, don't remove the site name. Instead, go to Admin Panel > General Admin > Headers > Display title > No

If you don't see "Headers", click on "advanced parameters" at the top-right corner (in the new version)
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally April 2nd 2007, 6:53 pm

Seer Jade wrote:Hi.

Every email that the board sends out (be it notifing a member of a topic they are watching receiving a reply or a message you yourself send via the forums) use the admins email. So your best bet would probably be to put the sites name and/or url in the signature that will be attached to the end of that email.

Go to:
Administration Panel > General Admin > Private Messages & Email

Under the "Email Settings" Box there will be two places to type things. Admin Email Address and Email Signature. Simply put it in the sig section.

Hope that helps ^-^

I knew that but thanks.

Katt wrote:Hello.

If you want to not display the site name on the forum, don't remove the site name. Instead, go to Admin Panel > General Admin > Headers > Display title > No

If you don't see "Headers", click on "advanced parameters" at the top-right corner (in the new version)

Thank you Katt, that's what I wanted to know. cheers
Sally
Sally
Forumember

Female Posts : 136
Language : English/French

Back to top Go down