The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signatures Not Showing Up

3 posters

Go down

Solved Signatures Not Showing Up

Post by LH Justin January 21st 2009, 8:19 pm

Hey, I recently created a forum and the signatures won't appear when i post a topic, not matter what the settings are.

Last edited by LH Justin on January 22nd 2009, 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Signatures Not Showing Up

Post by Guest January 21st 2009, 9:28 pm

There are two main areas that you need to make sure the settings are set to show signature.. 1) ACP... Users & Groups > Users options > Allow Signatures and 2) make sure the member has 'always attach my signature' ticked to 'yes' in the user profile preferences.

Hope this helps. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by shovel January 21st 2009, 9:41 pm

Kyouri wrote:There are two main areas that you need to make sure the settings are set to show signature.. 1) ACP... Users & Groups > Users options > Allow Signatures and 2) make sure the member has 'always attach my signature' ticked to 'yes' in the user profile preferences.

Hope this helps. Smile
yes the first one easy and accurate.
But still they should make an update that the user can chose if they want it or not.
AND
the admin could chose like a power option (chose the option for every users)
so it would be faster...

SHOVEL
check out:
:wouhou:

Last edited by Nessa on January 22nd 2009, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit: To Remove Forum Link)
shovel
shovel
Forumember

Male Posts : 68
Language : English, French and Swedish. Some Spanish, too.

http://4tt4ck3r.buy-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 21st 2009, 9:46 pm

Actually, the user can choose whether want to post their signature or not, by either not posting a signature, or ticking 'always attach my signature' to 'no'. But I may be misunderstanding what you're referring to.. sorry.

And I agree that it would be useful to be able to remove a specific member from being allowed to post a signature, although, we can go into their personal profile settings through the ACP and set it 'no'.. however, I believe they can just go back and reset it to 'yes' if they want. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by shovel January 21st 2009, 9:49 pm

Kyouri wrote:Actually, the user can choose whether want to post their signature or not, by either not posting a signature, or ticking 'always attach my signature' to 'no'. But I may be misunderstanding what you're referring to.. sorry.

And I agree that it would be useful to be able to remove a specific member from being allowed to post a signature, although, we can go into their personal profile settings through the ACP and set it 'no'.. however, I believe they can just go back and reset it to 'yes' if they want. :/
they can
admins can only edit the whole forum.
they cant edit user information except like password or banned or stuff like that
but the user can decide pretty much of its account.
shovel
shovel
Forumember

Male Posts : 68
Language : English, French and Swedish. Some Spanish, too.

http://4tt4ck3r.buy-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa January 22nd 2009, 1:00 pm

shovel wrote:
Kyouri wrote:There are two main areas that you need to make sure the settings are set to show signature.. 1) ACP... Users & Groups > Users options > Allow Signatures and 2) make sure the member has 'always attach my signature' ticked to 'yes' in the user profile preferences.

Hope this helps. Smile
yes the first one easy and accurate.
But still they should make an update that the user can chose if they want it or not.
AND
the admin could chose like a power option (chose the option for every users)
so it would be faster...

SHOVEL
check out:
:wouhou:

Shovel do not advertise your forum in other members support requests as it is considered spamming.

Since this problem appears to be resolved, I will lock this topic now.

=> Locked

Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down