The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way to disable the copy/paste option?

+2
akashic
Ryue
6 posters

Go down

Is there a way to disable the copy/paste option? Empty Is there a way to disable the copy/paste option?

Post by Ryue January 21st 2009, 9:24 pm

My site is intended as a writers review site, a place for people to work on stories and gain help on them, but I cant risk people copy/pasting other people's work and calling it their own, so is there a way for me to remove that option?
Ryue
Ryue

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to disable the copy/paste option? Empty Re: Is there a way to disable the copy/paste option?

Post by akashic January 21st 2009, 10:02 pm

Hi

admin panel > general > forum - configuration > site description - Copy and paste the code below into your site description box. It will disable right click

<script language=Javascript1.2> function ejs_nodroit() { alert('Right-click is forbidden !!!'); return(false); } document.oncontextmenu = ejs_nodroit; </script>
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to disable the copy/paste option? Empty Re: Is there a way to disable the copy/paste option?

Post by Ryue January 21st 2009, 10:36 pm

I did it, but it just showed up under my banner as the code text, and I could still right-click.
Ryue
Ryue

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic January 21st 2009, 10:44 pm

<script language=Javascript1.2> function ejs_nodroit() { alert('Right-click is forbidden !!!'); return(false); } document.oncontextmenu = ejs_nodroit; </script>

it definitely works, I have it on my forum. When it is done, it shouldn't show up as a code in your forum either.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryue January 21st 2009, 11:31 pm

Is there a way to disable the copy/paste option? Th_test

What am I doing wrong then?
Ryue
Ryue

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic January 21st 2009, 11:40 pm

Hi

I have no idea - take a look at this thread .... the code is in there

https://help.forumotion.com/other-problems-f46/disable-right-click-t8157.htm?highlight=disable+right+click
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryue January 21st 2009, 11:44 pm

Ah, okay, it works now. Thanks. ^w^
Ryue
Ryue

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic January 21st 2009, 11:49 pm

No problem - glad you sorted it Very Happy
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidlynx February 4th 2009, 1:15 am

is there a way to disable right click and ctrl C ?
rapidlynx
rapidlynx
Forumember

Female Posts : 118

http://sondraleegallery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nelsaidi February 4th 2009, 6:59 pm

anything sent to the browser can be copied, so, disabling rightclick/ctrl+c will do ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING to stop copying, it can never be stopeed
Nelsaidi
Forumember

Male Posts : 508

http://forum.erepublik.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessie May 16th 2010, 8:46 pm

I`m also intrested to hear you say how? I`ve disabled right click but it would help me a lot if you know how to disable ctrl+c & ctrl+v. All the kids know that comand and they are copying everything from forum. I think that they are not hackers and that will do? Please help Sad
Sorry 4 my bad english Sad
Nessie

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 17th 2010, 1:29 am

Please don't bring up old post from a year ago.

=> Garbage
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down