The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion: Update-able "Status" that appears in your profile and below your posts

5 posters

Go down

Do you think that an update-able "Status" that appears in your profile and below your posts is a good idea?

Suggestion:  Update-able "Status" that appears in your profile and below your posts Left1150%Suggestion:  Update-able "Status" that appears in your profile and below your posts Right11 50% 
[ 4 ]
Suggestion:  Update-able "Status" that appears in your profile and below your posts Left1150%Suggestion:  Update-able "Status" that appears in your profile and below your posts Right11 50% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

Solved Suggestion: Update-able "Status" that appears in your profile and below your posts

Post by xoxoalixoxo January 30th 2009, 9:49 pm

Taken off, as people seemed against it. Thanks for everyone's opinions and thoughts Smile

Last edited by xoxoalixoxo on February 6th 2009, 2:42 am; edited 9 times in total
xoxoalixoxo
xoxoalixoxo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Suggestion: Update-able "Status" that appears in your profile and below your posts

Post by Carryn January 30th 2009, 10:01 pm

You can already do this by creating a personalized profile.

You would need to chose type: plain text
Name: status (or whatever you want to call it)
Obligatory: no
Preview: This field is displayed in writers' profile and in the members' profile page
Modification: member himself.

so, I would have to vote no.
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Suggestion: Update-able "Status" that appears in your profile and below your posts

Post by Fusion January 30th 2009, 10:04 pm

okay but can i go abit Offtopic?
Well i want On My Forum to show Like Member Number:1
or so?
is that possible.
Fusion
Fusion
Forumember

Male Posts : 420

http://misteryx.do-goo.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoalixoxo January 30th 2009, 10:05 pm

True... But with the new update that I think one of the Admins said something about "think MySpace" this would be a good addition... Bigger and right under your name would be great... Maybe you cold even change it's color... It would be at the top of your profile too rather than down at the bottom along with the other custom profile features...
xoxoalixoxo
xoxoalixoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoalixoxo January 30th 2009, 10:08 pm

Toxic wrote:okay but can i go abit Offtopic?
Well i want On My Forum to show Like Member Number:1
or so?
is that possible.

mhh that is a bit of topic. But I don't believe you can unless you manually did it... As "Psi-chotic! " was saying about just adding it to the personal profile list. You could call it "Member Number" and set it to only let the admins edit it... Adding everyone by the date they signed up. So I'm not sure if they have the function but I'm pretty sure they don't. That would be interesting though...

My forum is way too big to manually do it [ we have over a thousand members... but depending on yours you can prob do it, it would def take some time though... ]
xoxoalixoxo
xoxoalixoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn January 30th 2009, 10:13 pm

xoxoalixoxo wrote:True... But with the new update that I think one of the Admins said something about "think MySpace" this would be a good addition... Bigger and right under your name would be great... Maybe you cold even change it's color... It would be at the top of your profile too rather than down at the bottom along with the other custom profile features...
choose enriched text to change color.
I'm just saying...I don't see the need.
maybe others will.
between facebook, myspace,twitter etc.. i mean how many status changes does one have to make?
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoalixoxo January 30th 2009, 10:18 pm

It's just very popular at my forum I guess.... I'm adding some of the many examples right now, haha. But thanks for the input ! And maybe I'll add that.... Yeap I guess I'll just see what results the poll gets =]
xoxoalixoxo
xoxoalixoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoalixoxo January 30th 2009, 10:41 pm

For those of you who have voted, thank you for the consideration of the idea Smile I've also added to my pictures on the first post
xoxoalixoxo
xoxoalixoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 30th 2009, 10:51 pm

Yeah, thats like Vbulletin. Well I'm all for it.
By the way xoxoalixoxo, you can't double post unless after a 24 hour gap.

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoalixoxo January 30th 2009, 11:01 pm

oh yikes I'm sorry ! I didn't know.. I'll edit it right now thanks! I can't seen to delete the posts...
xoxoalixoxo
xoxoalixoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoalixoxo February 5th 2009, 6:44 pm

added new pictures.
xoxoalixoxo
xoxoalixoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 5th 2009, 11:41 pm

Is looking like MySpace and Facebook. We don't really need this. As you can make your own and change the statue to what ever you want.

Vote No!
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini February 6th 2009, 12:47 am

NO !

xoxoalixoxo wrote:This is a great way to let people know what's going on, how you are, etc. You could let people know you're at school, on vacation, at the market, you'll be back in 30 minutes, you bought a car, whatever =] Yes, this idea is basically Myspace and Facebook's status update combined...

People : remember - THIS ISNT Facebook / MySpace / social site for e-friends. This IS forums. Forums DOES NOT need any of this suggestions. And it never will.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down