The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General questions on starting my forum

3 posters

Go down

General questions on starting my forum Empty General questions on starting my forum

Post by Oagalthorp April 5th 2007, 7:56 pm

OK, i am pretty new to these forums. As you can tell from my title, I have quite a few questions about managing my forum.
-NOTE- SOme of these questions may seem stupid, but I am just really confused. So don't get mad at me or anything.

Questions:
Question 1: Administration Board
I know how to acces this. But in any directions, they say "got to the Admin. board >> Manage, Ranks, etc." I don't know how to acces these sub-topics such as "Manage, Ranks, etc." I would like some directions as to where these links are.

Question 2: Image header
How do I create a custom image header? I can do one on Microsoft Paint, but I don't know how to put in on my forum.

Question 3: More questions may be asked later
More questions may be asked later. So please don't lock this because I may edit it or use it for reference.

~
Thanks for your help, Oagalthorp
Oagalthorp

Male Posts : 1
Language : english

http://acp-army-of-cp.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down

General questions on starting my forum Empty Re: General questions on starting my forum

Post by Dédé² April 5th 2007, 8:42 pm

Hi, and Welcome here..

You are new, so I invite you to read the Editboard rules

You can go to:
Arrow The FAQ
Arrow Frequently asked Questions
Arrow Tricks And Tips
Arrow News of your boards.

To reply to your first question:

When you go in, you will see at the right top corner, a link called "Advanced parameters" then click on it. Other buttons will appears. (If you have the Administration Panel new version)

Click on "User ADMIN & GROUP ADMIN".

After that, a little row of link will appear at the left. Click on "Ranks"

That's for the ranks..

The new panel may seem to be hard, but click on all the buttons and you will see what happen..

For your second question, to put it on your forum upload it here: www.imageshack.us

Then take the link of it. Go to your administration panel and click on "Styles ADMIN". Then click on "Logo&Pictures".

Enter your link in "Forum main logo"

Bye..

Neutral
Dédé²
Dédé²

Male Posts : 15
Language : French, english...And Spanish! (Please do not PM me for help...)

http://www.help.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

General questions on starting my forum Empty Re: General questions on starting my forum

Post by Cornelia August 7th 2007, 3:07 am

No news, good news Arrow Garbage
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down