The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I create RSS feeds on my forums?

3 posters

Go down

How can I create RSS feeds on my forums? Empty How can I create RSS feeds on my forums?

Post by funnytim February 6th 2009, 9:24 am

Hi,

Is it possible, and if so, how can I create RSS feeds on my forums so that visitors can subscribe to certain parts of the forum?

Currently on the forum IE detects some RSS fields (which I never created) with the first couple of sections only. Even so it doesn't seem to work.

Advice appreciated, thanks!
funnytim

Language : qwerty

Back to top Go down

How can I create RSS feeds on my forums? Empty Re: How can I create RSS feeds on my forums?

Post by Sanket February 6th 2009, 9:26 am

I am not so sure, of how these things works.
However you can see http://your forum url/feed

Also, you can add a rss feed widget which is already provided in the forum widgets management.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

How can I create RSS feeds on my forums? Empty Re: How can I create RSS feeds on my forums?

Post by lestatwc May 15th 2009, 4:56 pm

How would I add the RSS or XML code to the existing RSS feeds widget? I click the modify button but it doesn't let me modify anything. And on top of that, I click all the check boxes yet it doesn't show the RSS or XML buttons on the forum. Also, if I just decide to create my own RSS feeds widget, where would the code go to link to an off site feed? Thanks in advance.
lestatwc

Language : English

Back to top Go down