The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Avatar Panel

3 posters

Go down

Solved Personal Avatar Panel

Post by Glad E Olah February 23rd 2009, 7:30 pm

I would like to add a selection of avatars for my members to choose. When I first began my forum I added just a few. Now I cannot add more to the list and do not understand why. It only gives provision to add them from your own computer by clicking browse. I place the picture on my computer to transfer to the avatar panel. Then a message comes up that the my file type is not allowed. I know the type was allowed before so why not now?

I also would be glad to put the avatars on the Sevimg account but there is not a provision to do that in the avatar panel.

Could someone help me out by answering my question? I would really like to add to the personal avatar collection.

Glad E Olah
Glad E Olah
Glad E Olah
Forumember

Female Posts : 216
Language : English

http://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Personal Avatar Panel

Post by :)tayne:) February 23rd 2009, 9:09 pm

I do not really understand that either if you could upload your avatars before. Sorry I don't think I can help on this one.
:)tayne:)
:)tayne:)
Forumember

Male Posts : 794

http://www.gamesarcade.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 24th 2009, 5:47 am

which image are you trying to add, post a link i will check if it gives the same error to me. We will go ahead from there in trying to solve this issue.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad E Olah February 24th 2009, 6:32 am

I was bound and determined to understand what in the world I was doing wrong. Uploading new avatars in the admin was only giving me the option of taking them from my own computer. There was not provision to get them from links such as Servimg.com. I would get them to my computer and click on browse. Then follow through with the transfer and every single time it would tell me that my file was not correct. I was getting a bit miffed that I knew I had uploaded from my computer a year or so ago but I thought it could be my new computer that was causing the problem. I recently upgraded to a computer using vista so thought perhaps that was it.

Well to make this long story short I finally got it. I had to put the pictures in a picture file not a word document file. So all is well now. New avatars are uploaded. I wonder if there are others that have had the same type problem or if it is just me. All I can say is I learn from my mistakes and I will not forget this one.

Thank you for your concern. I appreciate it.
Glad E Olah
Glad E Olah
Forumember

Female Posts : 216

http://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 24th 2009, 6:45 am

Glad its worked out for you Smile . We all mistakes, thats life. Learning from mistakes is more important.

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Sanket
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down