The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navbar

4 posters

Go down

Navbar Empty Navbar

Post by Katje March 2nd 2009, 11:40 pm

What I'm looking for is a way to add more space between the Navbar and the "Your last visit was on/Current date/time is" text. Also, is there a way to move the widgets on the right side down so that they are level with the "Forum" heading bar? It's positioned slightly higher and I want to have it level across. If there's a way to do this without having to make the forum HTML, that'd help alot. Ah, and one other thing. When on the forum page, there's the log-in widget on the right, and a log-in area at the top under the navbar if you're not logged in. Can i get rid of the log-in box at the top of the page and just have the widget at the right side? Thanks in advance! Very Happy
Katje

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Navbar Empty Re: Navbar

Post by Sanket March 3rd 2009, 5:42 am

I remember Tarogasini also having a issue with the position of the widgets as it was slightly above. But, it can't be changed.
For the rest of the things, let someone else answer you. I am not sure, if its possible.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Katje March 5th 2009, 8:26 am

Anyone else have any ideas about the other issues? I'm all ears Smile
Katje

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn March 5th 2009, 6:47 pm

Katje wrote:What I'm looking for is a way to add more space between the Navbar and the "Your last visit was on/Current date/time is" text. Also, is there a way to move the widgets on the right side down so that they are level with the "Forum" heading bar? It's positioned slightly higher and I want to have it level across. If there's a way to do this without having to make the forum HTML, that'd help alot. Ah, and one other thing. When on the forum page, there's the log-in widget on the right, and a log-in area at the top under the navbar if you're not logged in. Can i get rid of the log-in box at the top of the page and just have the widget at the right side? Thanks in advance! Very Happy
I'm not sure if you mean the quick log in display.
If that is what you mean, you can change the location or choose not to have it via
Display>Homepage >generalities >quick log in display

EDIT:
As for the widget:
I don't do much with widgets, but thought I would try this.
I made a custom block, chose no for table type (i didn't want the title)
put in a series of
Code:
<br><br><br><br><br>

(You might have to play around with how many to get the spacing you need)
Then positioned that custom block at the top of the widgets.
It moved everything else down, more in line

of course i have NO idea if this works will all version, or if you have installed a skin.
I was just working with the default version 3
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katje March 6th 2009, 12:14 am

Thank you very much. I will have to try that and let you know how it works. What I was talking about was not the quick log-in display as I added the widget to have that feature on there as I prefer it over the other one. The other is the one located at the top of your screen, rather stretched out at the top. I prefer the quick one on the side and don't want 2 log-ins. So just need to know how to get rid of the normal log-in stretched at the top.
Katje

Back to top Go down

Post by Katje March 12th 2009, 5:36 am

~bump~

Any ideas about the log-in box at the top? If someone could take a look at my forum to see what I mean, it'd probably help out. I have yet to figure out how to get rid of it.
Katje

Back to top Go down

Post by magicm00n March 12th 2009, 5:37 am

A link to your forum?
magicm00n
magicm00n
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1305

Back to top Go down