The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Override default category settings

2 posters

Go down

Override default category settings Empty Override default category settings

Post by Jarquafelmu March 3rd 2009, 7:07 pm

I've noticed a lot of posts questioning categories and why the descriptions won't show up without a forum inside of the category. I know the bandaid fix where you change the category and forum hierarchy. In doing so you change the appearance status of child forums so then the category description appears.

Now I want to tackle this from another direction. Is it possible to disable or override the default option for the forum to automatically hide a category without a forum inside of it?

If that is possible then we wouldn't need the child forum to just get the category to appear. In addition we would be able to do away with changing the forum hierarchy so we could then use the hierarchy we prefer.

If anyone knows these answer please answer soon. If these are not answerable, then dev's please consider implementing these ideas into the next iteration of these forums. Thank you.
Jarquafelmu

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Override default category settings Empty Re: Override default category settings

Post by ~Chris March 4th 2009, 6:20 am

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'll give it a go.

If you're wondering why you can write a description for a category, I realised not long back, that's if you put a category. For example, if you want sub forums, but don't want topics in the forum itself, then you just put a category inside a category, and then put the forums inside the second category. If you put a description in the second category, it'll show up.

Chris
~Chris
~Chris
Forumember

Male Posts : 722
Language : English, some italian.

Back to top Go down