The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

entire page off center

3 posters

Go down

entire page off center Empty entire page off center

Post by chefjimmy March 10th 2009, 11:21 pm

somehow my entire forum page is off center by alot,and i cannot even get wigets or modules to show on the right hand side..i should ad this only appears bthis way in internet explorer...in mozilla firefox its fine here is my forum adress
http://feltfanatics.forumotion.com/index.htm

never once have i been able to move a module to the right hand side.
chefjimmy
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

entire page off center Empty Re: entire page off center

Post by Sanket March 11th 2009, 6:45 am

Modules>Forum Widgets management

Width column 1 (left) :
Width column 3 (right) :
Are both of them 180?

You have left widgets only on your forum, so make Width column 3 (left) : 180
Width column 3 (right) :0

You have left widgets only on your forum, so make Width column 3 (left) : 180
Width column 3 (right) :0

If
You want to have widgets only on right your forum content , so make Width column 3 (left) : 0
Width column 3 (right) :180

See if that helps.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by jeaniel March 11th 2009, 7:20 am

thanks!! It works for me!!
jeaniel

Back to top Go down

entire page off center Empty yes and no

Post by chefjimmy March 11th 2009, 1:12 pm

yes doing as you suggested allows the wigets on the right to appear for which i am very grateful,but there is something still off about the centering its not just the wigets the entire page is off...for instance if i use the navigation wiget to acess my profile when the profile edit section pops up half of it is cut off..the entire right hand side is gone!also you can still see how the site navigation bar extends too far over to the right....i really appreciate the wiget colum help it did get my wigets to show but it is not the problem.or the entire problem..i would also like to ad again that the site looks fine thru firefox...some of the things like the top navigation bar has no buttons,but other than that the page is centerd in firefox....so if anyone can shed light on this please do...using internet explorer the site is completely off.

Last edited by chefjimmy on March 11th 2009, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
chefjimmy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 11th 2009, 1:43 pm

This skin is a fixed width skin, so the skin width cannot be changed no matter what.

-I would suggest, that you add widgets only on one side of the forum. It will fix some of your problems then.

-Some of the widgets which overlap are due to the widget code inside having the width higher than 180.

- https://help.forumotion.com/hitskincom-skins-comments-f50/jaded-beta-version-20-t34027.htm?highlight=jaded+version
This thread has a few CSS fixes, you need to install them.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

entire page off center Empty partial fix

Post by chefjimmy March 11th 2009, 3:33 pm

yes this fixed the appearance of my forum and for that i am very grateful.but the problem still exist that when you use the navigation wiget on the left to acess your profile and then click preferences half the page is cut off...im certain the problem exist in other areas as well
chefjimmy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 11th 2009, 3:46 pm

chefjimmy, its because you have widgets added to your forum on both the sides. Try removing atleast one side of them. See if it still looks like that. The problem is this is a fixed width skin, there is no way to fix this. Than the ways i mentioned.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by chefjimmy March 11th 2009, 5:04 pm

when i try to demove the ads/wigets from one side..by dragging them back to the list they just pop back in place .how do i remove the ads from one side of my page?
chefjimmy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 11th 2009, 5:26 pm

chefjimmy wrote:when i try to demove the ads/wigets from one side..by dragging them back to the list they just pop back in place .how do i remove the ads from one side of my page?

Just click on this entire page off center Supprimer on the widget, then hit save.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down