The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extremely unhappy with what happened to Support Forum

+6
spiritcharms
pizza
wednesday
creative
Blofeld
Tarogasini
10 posters

Go down

Extremely unhappy with what happened to Support Forum Empty Extremely unhappy with what happened to Support Forum

Post by Tarogasini March 18th 2009, 4:20 pm

Hello,

so today i came here and i am extremely unhappy with what happened to the support forum.

♣ It loads slower than before
♣ Points system implemented - WHY
♣ Reputation system implemented - WHY
♣ Some green / red bar on the right of the post with plus and minus - WTF

I dont think i will be spending much time here anymore. Bah.

Anyone else feeling the same ?

Regards
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Extremely unhappy with what happened to Support Forum Empty Re: Extremely unhappy with what happened to Support Forum

Post by Blofeld March 18th 2009, 4:27 pm

I think its alright!
Blofeld
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1088
Language : ............

Back to top Go down

Extremely unhappy with what happened to Support Forum Empty Re: Extremely unhappy with what happened to Support Forum

Post by creative March 18th 2009, 4:35 pm

I dont have any problem with the loading time, even though I have a very bad internet connection. I don't see the use of the points system either however the rep system is helpfull for the admins to see who helps a lot and might become staff...
If I am not wrong the green and the red bar is part of the repetuation system to see in which post the person earned the rep.
creative

Language : Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by wednesday March 18th 2009, 4:54 pm

Well for something you're not even paying to use, people have high expectations.
I thought everyone was aware that the updates may cause a few problems? glitches....etc.
I think they've done a bloody brilliant job considering the amount of people who have moaned n whined.

Ref creative:the rep system im not sure about yet...we got some trigger happy neg reppers !
wednesday
wednesday
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza March 18th 2009, 5:32 pm

updates are good, but the rep system for phpbb3 sucks Sad
pizza
pizza
Forumember

Male Posts : 99

http://pizza.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 18th 2009, 5:39 pm

Reputation system is even worse than Karma system. When you get a minus, you dont know which low life gave it to you.

The only useful addition for support forum is Multi-Quote and nothing else.

I, for once, do NOT see the need of changing things that has been PERFECTLY ok before.

wednesday and pizza : did you even read my post ? :O

creative : admins were already monitoring potential members who could get promoted. They wont pay any attention to reputation system as this is not all what is required for a Mod. Far from that.

Edit : i just noticed... that Warning bars are gone. Noticing that resulted in a landslide of cursewords.

Last edited by Tarogasini on March 18th 2009, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritcharms March 18th 2009, 5:40 pm

Tarogasini wrote:Hello,

so today i came here and i am extremely unhappy with what happened to the support forum.

Regards
Just see it for what it is, its just a bit of fun, lifes too short to stress over something so silly as a green bar turning red, once it works on my forum (yep phpbb3) it will be a fun addition that the members will more than likely play with.
spiritcharms
spiritcharms
Forumember

Female Posts : 289

http://spiritcharms.nice-topics.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by wednesday March 18th 2009, 6:08 pm

Tarogasini wrote:Reputation system is even worse than Karma system. When you get a minus, you dont know which low life gave it to you.

The only useful addition for support forum is Multi-Quote and nothing else.

I, for once, do NOT see the need of changing things that has been PERFECTLY ok before.

creative : admins were already monitoring potential members who could get promoted. They wont pay any attention to reputation system as this is not all what is required for a Mod. Far from that.

Edit : i just noticed... that Warning bars are gone. Noticing that resulted in a landslide of cursewords.
Did you EVEN read my reply?
Sweey nibblets and i thought i had anger mangement issues...i keed dont keel me.!!! Hello
wednesday
wednesday
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by tooyoung March 18th 2009, 6:11 pm

maybe i read it wrong..but if u mean new updates are not good then you will just not use them...problem solved for you Smile

also forums is like before ...no faster no slower aswell

and its easy to say this is bad this is good

but its better to use or not use any updates-staff on your forum and keep the opinion for you Smile
tooyoung
Forumember

Language : greek

Back to top Go down

Post by Carryn March 18th 2009, 6:43 pm

Tarogasini wrote:Hello,

Regards
It loads for me fine, just like always. Even when my forums are white paged the support forum always loads.

IDGI about the points or reps. are they good or bad? IDK?? but then again...I don't really care. I'll know what I know when I know it LOL.
Mostly it's just been amusing to watch so many members freak out about the new updates.

Oh I'll hang around like I usually do, though I am just not answering all the same questions over and over.
Carryn
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
Language : none.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nelsaidi March 18th 2009, 6:45 pm

In all honesty, I come here for the lulz, if you browse the support forums, you'll understand.
Nelsaidi
Forumember

Male Posts : 508

http://forum.erepublik.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 18th 2009, 7:35 pm

wednesday : if you see anger in the following sentence... :

Then something is seriously wrong with you.

- i didnt have any expectations about the updates at all. Plus i understood that updates will be for OUR forums not support forum. Because at my forum, i can decide whether i want to use them or not, but here i HAVE to look at them no matter if i like them or not.
- i dont remember anyone whining to have all this ( except Multi Quote, thats useful ) on support forum as well.
- if you read it well, you d know that i am AGAINST updates being used here, on support forum and NOT against the updates themselves.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 18th 2009, 7:40 pm

I think your over reacting here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa March 18th 2009, 7:53 pm

I think one topic discussing this update here is more then enough for now, therefore I will lock this thread to prevent any further posts. Wink

=>Locked

Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down