The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone run a shop?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone run a shop? Empty Anyone run a shop?

Post by kreativeflow March 29th 2009, 3:08 pm

Hi

Does anyone run like a shop on their forum? I run a graphics forum and am going to introduce a shop very soon. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can put in it for sale?

Like, avatars, sigs for sale. VIP membership? etc.

It will all be on sale for points Smile

Thanks Smile
kreativeflow
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Anyone run a shop? Empty Re: Anyone run a shop?

Post by Rok March 29th 2009, 6:09 pm

I'de say :

• Vip Membership & access to Vip-Only access section
• Access to request graphics
• Have your graphic artwork displayed in the Gallery
• Reduction of a warning
• Have your forum affiliated with us
• Own your own Points Shop
• Custom Forums (Have your users request their own special forum and moderate it)
• Rank Requestment
• Group Requestment

Those are some common things you could use. By the way, this is related to your forum and support.. so is this even suppose to be in the general section?

Last edited by Rok on March 29th 2009, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 29th 2009, 6:32 pm

Hmm I was wondering on that topic as well, nice ones Rok.
Maybe some like change of username etc?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok March 29th 2009, 6:34 pm

I added more :

• Custom Forums (Have your users request their own special forum and moderate it)
• Rank Requestment
• Group Requestment
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 29th 2009, 6:37 pm

I think the problem with allowing people to moderate there own place as in admin panel terms, that makes them a moderator. So for instance, if I wanted to allow moderators to edit warning bars, that would include people who moderate there own area..
Rank requestment and group requestment sounds cool though.

Maybe you could make lots of hidden groups of different colours and you could value each colour, like red is very cheap lioke 10 points and orange is really expensive at like 750..

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok March 29th 2009, 6:48 pm

Hey, don't worry. I'm going to make a tutorial on Points Shops and ideas.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 29th 2009, 6:50 pm

Yeah, you can't really make a tutorial though because there isn't an official shop that can be made via the panel, it's just something extra you can do..

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok March 29th 2009, 7:01 pm

No, I mean a manual shop.
=> Tutorial Made and Submitted

Points Shop Ideas

This is a full tutorial on some tips and tricks on your custom Points Shops.

How to make a custom Point Shop

It's very simple and easy to create your own manually-made Points shop in use for users to give their points for items. You can set up a category called 'Points Shops' (or whatever you want to name it), and then attach forums to that category based on the shops- like the many shops you have set up. Here's an explanation on how you can set up your points shops :

Anyone run a shop? Points10
https://i.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/points10.png

Remember that you can always rename the Points to something like : 'Credits', 'Tokens', or something relating to your forum.

Points Shop Ideas

There are two different perspectives of items to buy from shops : Abstract items & Imaged items. Abstract items are like subtracting a warning for a user, access to different sections of the forum, create their own points shop, etc.
Here is a list of absract items ideas :

• Custom Forums
• Vip Membership
• Warning Reduction

Here is a list of imaged items ideas :

• Graphics
• 'Pets'

Here is a list of more examples of both :

Anyone run a shop? Points12

You can also have users request their own little points shop. That user can create the name of the shop, the items that he / she is selling, etc.

In order for users to purchase items from shops, you have to have administration to subtract the selected amount of points from the user and offer that user with the item he / she has purchased. Some ideas on where you can place imaged items could be in a user's signature or in a personalized profile.
You could have images like 'pets' up for sell and have a personalized profile called 'My pet :' set up. If you have a personalized profile already set up like this, then be sure to have the image list of pets and NO default image. Why not have default image?- Because it would give users an image without purchasing it with his / her points. Just be sure not to have a default image.

Well, this tutorial can always be updated at anytime, and it will be done so.
Written by Rok

Wanna share this tutorial?
Code:
[center][b][size=15]Points Shop Ideas[/size][/b]

This is a full tutorial on some tips and tricks on your custom Points Shops.

[b][size=11]How to make a custom Point Shop[/size][/b]

It's very simple and easy to create your own manually-made Points shop in use for users to give their points for items. You can set up a category called '[b]Points Shops[/b]' (or whatever you want to name it), and then attach forums to that category based on the shops- like the many shops you have set up. Here's an explanation on how you can set up your points shops :

[img]http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/points10.png[/img]
http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/points10.png

Remember that you can always rename the Points to something like : 'Credits', 'Tokens', or something relating to your forum.

[b][size=11]Points Shop Ideas[/b][/size]

There are two different perspectives of items to buy from shops : [i]Abstract items[/i] & [i]Imaged items[/i]. Abstract items are like subtracting a warning for a user, access to different sections of the forum, create their own points shop, etc.
Here is a list of absract items ideas :[/center]
[left]• Custom Forums
• Vip Membership
• Warning Reduction[/left][center]

Here is a list of imaged items ideas :[/center]
[left]• Graphics
• 'Pets'[/left][center]

Here is a list of more examples of both :

[img]http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/67/77/07/points12.png[/img]

You can also have users request their own little points shop. That user can create the name of the shop, the items that he / she is selling, etc.

In order for users to purchase items from shops, you have to have administration to subtract the selected amount of points from the user and offer that user with the item he / she has purchased. Some ideas on where you can place [i]imaged items[/i] could be in a user's signature or in a personalized profile.
You could have images like '[i]pets[/i]' up for sell and have a personalized profile called '[b]My pet :[/b]' set up. If you have a personalized profile already set up like this, then be sure to have the image list of pets and [b]NO[/b] default image. [i]Why not have default image?[/i]- Because it would give users an image without purchasing it with his / her points. Just be sure not to have a default image.

Well, this tutorial can always be updated at anytime, and it will be done so.
[b]Written by [color=blue]Rok[/color][/b]

Last edited by Rok on March 29th 2009, 7:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 29th 2009, 7:02 pm

Nice tutorial Rok, many will find it useful.

Back to top Go down

Post by kreativeflow March 29th 2009, 8:50 pm

Thanks everyone for the help especially Rok for that fab tutorial. I would defo + rep you Very Happy (they dont work) Sad

Thanks again.
kreativeflow
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem March 29th 2009, 9:00 pm

Hi,

This looks like support to me...
Plus, since when do Buisness people not do the marketing research and simply ask others? Sounds strange if you hope to have a working system by just taking the side road (but that's personal opinion)

=> Lock
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down