The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating an embeded shoutbox.

4 posters

Go down

Creating an embeded shoutbox. Empty Creating an embeded shoutbox.

Post by CrazyDave April 6th 2009, 12:05 pm

is there anyway to get a shoutbox thats embeded into the forum like the chatbox? i want to be able to log onto the forum, and be able to post in the shoutbox with my forum username, just like the chatbox.

kinda like this one.

Creating an embeded shoutbox. Shoutbox

i think shoutboxes are a lot better the chatboxes, because anyone can leave a message for everyone to see. its easy to help someone on the forum who needs it. with the chatbox you cannot change any settings, you have to separately log into it, and to view older messages you have to look into the archives.

i just like the idea of a shoutbox because its quick easy and a lot less complicated for someone to understand

please tell me what you guys think. thanks! Smile
CrazyDave
CrazyDave

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Creating an embeded shoutbox. Empty Re: Creating an embeded shoutbox.

Post by ZX April 6th 2009, 2:49 pm

1. add a poll
2. i would only support it if you had the choice of using either a chatbox or a shoutbox, not just the shoutbox. Because everyone on my forum likes the chatbox quite nicely, in fact its where everyone goes most of the time so i dont really think a shoutbox would help out.
ZX
ZX
Forumember

Male Posts : 210
Language : English, Japanese, Italian

http://pokemondarklegion.freeclanforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyDave April 7th 2009, 12:52 am

well my forum is different, people dont have the time to join the chatbox and have a conversation. my forum is meant to get quick information for our alliance for a game we all play together.

so a shoutbox would be nice for me.

i want them to implement the choice of a integrated chatbox or a integrated shoutbox because every forum is different, and not everyone likes a chatbox Wink
CrazyDave
CrazyDave

Back to top Go down

Post by tvumediatalk May 28th 2009, 3:49 pm

I know the feeling, I have a forum where we talk about this online game that we all play and it was previously not owned by me but by one of the other members of the game under SMFForFree forums. I really despised the SMFForFree forums and when I was given the opprutunity to run this talk forum I came here. The one drawback is that the SMFForFree forum had the shoutbox that people liked, and here there isn't one.

Now to answer your question, I was actually surfing the web last night about this question and I seem to have misplaced the page I saw it on, but someone had this similar question and someone from Forumotion said it was not possible to have a shoutbox feature and that the chatbox was their only option. They did say they could use outside shoutboxes, but you would have to have seperate logins and such for the shoutbox, etc. Why they can't embed a shoutbox feature in is beyond me. In fact, there are many features this forum DOESN'T have that would make it somewhat better, but I can't move my forum elsewhere or else I lose right to own the talk forum, and even so, I don't think Forumotion has a feature in order to move forums. :/
tvumediatalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeliz June 11th 2009, 12:46 pm

I have a forum through this site & I just installed a chat box there myself from here: Free Shoutbox also, if you look through the topics here, there are ppl that tell you step by step how to do it like here LINK
Angeliz
Angeliz

Back to top Go down