The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invision Pro

2 posters

Go down

Invision Pro Empty Invision Pro

Post by Skittles May 6th 2009, 8:29 pm

I am having problems with this theme in regards to the placement of the online icon button. I have used 4 different images to see if it makes a difference but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The problem is, when a person is online, the image sits in front of the persons username above their avatar. But it is a bit too close to the name. The spacing is off. So it cuts into the first letter. This is the same with all of the samples provided by default to use. Except for the banner type that we use here on FM, when you use that one, it covers part of the avatar and the members name, but the background is not transparent so it's a white box covering the avi.

Mr.Mario tried the same theme on his test forum but it looked fine for him. So we were thinking that maybe there was a CSS update or something which didn't take effect on our forum??

Whatcha think Jalo? BTW, I am not talking about the Moonlight Cafe forum to which u are an admin, I mean the huge one that I am co-founder/admin to that I talked about recently to you.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Invision Pro Empty Re: Invision Pro

Post by Jalokim May 7th 2009, 8:51 am

Yes the default settings on IPB for the online avatar are a little close.
I can provide a small CSS fix... but everybody would need to do it themselves... you'd need to forward this to the techies to get it on all the forums.

but nonetheless there are 2 options here:
option 1:
you need to edit your image... make it wider and move the content to the left. this will leave a blank spot on the right. Save as .png and that should work.

option 2: there is no second option. I just checked the CSS ... the image is in the same class as the text... so if the text is moved so is the image.
I'll look into this, but my best bet would be to make an image with more space on the side
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles May 7th 2009, 6:44 pm

Is it possible to move it below the name instead of in front? It just seems like an odd placement for it. lol
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim May 7th 2009, 7:12 pm

Like I said ... it moves with the text.

but I am not done probing this matter. Maybe we can directly attack the image. I don't know what effects it'll bring...
I'll start testing as soon as one of my test forums get unoccupied
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles May 7th 2009, 8:02 pm

U can use one of my forums if u want to test. The one I have not ever opened or completed. Let me know, and I can give u the info to get in and power u up.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down