The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-pruning in the basket

2 posters

Go down

Auto-pruning in the basket Empty Auto-pruning in the basket

Post by Isabel_Kitty May 20th 2007, 7:36 am

" Auto-pruning in the basket : move a subject in the basket instead of delating it"

What does this mean? I have auto-prune enabled and I do NOT want things to goto my basket, I want the stuff to be DELETED! My basket is for posts that violate rules and such..... Shocked
Isabel_Kitty
Forumember

Female Posts : 131
Language : English

http://mommahaven.goodforum.net

Back to top Go down

Auto-pruning in the basket Empty Re: Auto-pruning in the basket

Post by Kol Vol May 20th 2007, 11:19 am

Well... you could make the basket only viewable to you and then it serves as an archive. If auto purne is on it will remmove topics in the basket that are so many days old. if you just delete topics you can't reference back to them so thats why they made the basket!
Kol Vol
Kol Vol
Forumember

Male Posts : 364

http://codes.eletronicsboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Auto-pruning in the basket Empty Re: Auto-pruning in the basket

Post by GeoX May 20th 2007, 1:48 pm

Kol Vol wrote:Well... you could make the basket only viewable to you and then it serves as an archive. If auto purne is on it will remmove topics in the basket that are so many days old. if you just delete topics you can't reference back to them so thats why they made the basket!

yes cool, also if you need the basket for any other purpose you can create another forum and call it anything, make it hidden..and make it to act like a basket for the prunned stuff...to make it act as a basket follow these steps

1-admin panel (old version)

2-general admin

3-configuration

4-locate the line that says "Basket" at tne bottom of the page and choose prom the drop down menu the forum that you created fot the basket

have fun!
GeoX

Back to top Go down