The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I remove an HTML footer script?

5 posters

Go down

How do I remove an HTML footer script? Empty How do I remove an HTML footer script?

Post by calchas79 May 23rd 2009, 12:59 pm

A script has been added to my forum's html coding, I did not put it there and I really don't want it there. It adds Context Ads from a site i am not a part of. I would like to remove it from my html code... but I have no idea how.

<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
fa_endpage();//]]></script><script src="http://adv08.edintorni.net/affiliati/content/00x00/?ct=EN&amp;q=ACMS_CRAWLER&amp;a=60035&amp;s=cb9d7a&amp;b=808080&amp;t=000000&amp;d=5d3f29&amp;u=000000&amp;nl=5&amp;lh=0" type="text/javascript"></script></body></html>

Please let me know what of this script I can safely delete, and how to delete it. I have little to no html experience and I can not seem to find how to access this footer / endpage coding from my admin panel.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
calchas79

Language : English (US)

Back to top Go down

How do I remove an HTML footer script? Empty Re: How do I remove an HTML footer script?

Post by MrMario May 23rd 2009, 6:57 pm

removing the footer is not respecting the ToS and will get your forum banned.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

How do I remove an HTML footer script? Empty Re: How do I remove an HTML footer script?

Post by ankillien May 24th 2009, 5:15 am

You are not allowed to remove the footer and the script you posted has nothing to do with the footer.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by calchas79 May 24th 2009, 10:15 am

If I am using the incorrect terms for what I am trying to convey I apologize.

I do not want to remove anything that will get my forum banned. But there are now context advertisements appearing on my forum that I did not place there. I have again looked over the TOS and I can't find anything pertaining to a script that I did not place on my forum that is highlighting key words and directing my members to places and sites that I have no knowledge of.

I believe the line of script I posted is the cause, if I am wrong please let me know.

Questions:

Is this script standard to forumotion, ie: some that forumotion places on all sights? If it is I that is ok, I would just like to know.

If "script" is not the correct term to use, what is?

If whatever is causing these context ads to now appear, which has only recently happened, is not a service or standard to forumotion... than how my I have it go away?

I am simply trying to find some answers. I, like many here, am new to forum moderation and admin.

If I have made a mistake with my wording or terminology please correct and assist if you are able. Thank you.
calchas79

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 24th 2009, 5:57 pm

What the spript name?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by nelsaidi2 May 24th 2009, 6:17 pm

You cant exactly remove it, but you can disable the adverts from the ACP, its under general i tihnk.
nelsaidi2
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by calchas79 May 24th 2009, 11:46 pm

When I view my forum: right click the page -> view source .. I can pull up the html and this is the "script" I find.

<script src="http://adv08.edintorni.net/affiliati/content/00x00/?ct=EN&amp;q=ACMS_CRAWLER&amp;a=60035&amp;s=cb9d7a&amp;b=808080&amp;t=000000&amp;d=5d3f29&amp;u=000000&amp;nl=5&amp;lh=0" type="text/javascript">

All of the context ads link to this site... www.edintorni.net. I have no dealing with this site, it appears to be some sort of pay per click site that uses context ads. About 10% of the words on my site at any time now come up with lines and html links to this site.

I would just like to know how to disable or get rid of it. And if it is ok to do so. Thank you.
calchas79

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Star May 24th 2009, 11:49 pm

Right click view source, delete the bit you don't want. Save it. Make a new html page via admin panel, paste the edited source and set as home page.

Thank me later.
Blue Star
Blue Star
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down