The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backups

3 posters

Go down

Backups Empty Backups

Post by Big Wolf May 27th 2009, 8:29 pm

Earlier today my forum lost all its posts and someone suggested that I use the system restore tools. I did look at this and found that the last backup was dated 2009-05-14 which is almost 2 weeks ago!

I had thought that the back up was performed daily so is there a problem with this ?
Big Wolf

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Backups Empty Re: Backups

Post by kirk May 28th 2009, 3:24 am

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Wolf May 28th 2009, 8:26 am

kirk wrote:try reading this and this should help Smile

Unless I am mistaken all this does is to tell me about the restore facility which I had already sucessfully logged into in order to find that there had been no backups during the last 2 weeks. Yes there were backups on 10,11,12,13,& 14 May but none after that.

The information you pointed to indicates that this facility should be used if the forum had been 'hacked' but its not much use if there has not been a backup for 2 weeks.

I am also aware that those who have set up forums cannot do a manual backup or export the boards to our own PC's so its kind of important that the backup facility is operational.

As I said in my first post, when I looked yesterday it had been 2 weeks since the last backup so perhaps you could advise when backups should take place since the post you refered to does not give this piece of information.

many thanks.
Big Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 28th 2009, 8:58 am

Hello,

sometimes the backup tools don't quite put ur back up online for use automatically.
I believe you can PM Typlo (an admin here) and he may be able to get ur forum restored to a previous date.

Also, the utilities is for a back up for anything, not just "hackers" (and its impossible to hack on forumotion)
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down