The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few questions: delete option, grammar, moving posts

3 posters

Go down

Few questions: delete option, grammar, moving posts Empty Few questions: delete option, rules language, moving posts

Post by amanda76 May 28th 2009, 7:51 pm

1. Is it possible to remove the option for members to delete their own post while still allowing mods/admins to do so?

2. I've seen a couple messages floating around about changing/improving some of the language/grammar on certain parts of the site (in the rules, FAQ, etc). Does anyone know the status on this? I take alot of time to ensure that my forum is attractive, accurate and easy to navigate and I must admit that it drives me a bit nuts that there are glaring grammatical issues in some sections that we don't have the ability to edit. If a recent update regarding this issue has been posted elsewhere in this forum, please direct me there as I apologize for missing it.

3. Is it possible to put a "sticky" message or announcement in every Category without just copying and pasting it in each one? I've tried the option to move the message and checked the option to 'leave shadow topic in old forum' but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
amanda76
Forumember

Language : English

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Few questions: delete option, grammar, moving posts Empty Re: Few questions: delete option, grammar, moving posts

Post by Master Marc May 28th 2009, 11:08 pm

Question one's answer:
ACP=>General Tab=>Forum=>Categories and forums=>Choose forum=>Permissions=>Advanced Mode=>Delete its own messages=>tick off=>save.

Question two's answer:
I do not understand...

Question three's answer:
There is no possible way,sorry.The shaodw of the topic is not permenant.
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Few questions: delete option, grammar, moving posts Empty Re: Few questions: delete option, grammar, moving posts

Post by amanda76 May 28th 2009, 11:12 pm

Master Marc wrote:Question one's answer:
ACP=>General Tab=>Forum=>Categories and forums=>Choose forum=>Permissions=>Advanced Mode=>Delete its own messages=>tick off=>save.

Thank you
amanda76
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda76 June 23rd 2009, 11:28 pm

Any feedback on question #2?
amanda76
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario June 23rd 2009, 11:30 pm

The only thing I can say is that up to the techs. They don't say we did an Grammer Update today of the follow.

All I know it gets done.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down