The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok... why was my topic deleted?

4 posters

Go down

Ok... why was my topic deleted? Empty Ok... why was my topic deleted?

Post by Kaxi June 1st 2009, 1:17 pm

My topic here on the help board was deleted. May I ask as to why it was deleted?

If I could be told what I did wrong, then I'll accept it.

I was merely posting a topic in this help board about a person getting into a site and getting rid of it.

It was titled "Hacker on Forumotion". Though the title was slightly misleading, I do not think that I broke any rules. The topic is gone, and I don't even know as to why.
Kaxi

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Ok... why was my topic deleted? Empty Re: Ok... why was my topic deleted?

Post by Sanket June 1st 2009, 4:01 pm

This is your first post ever, how is it possible that your topic was deleted? Shocked
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 1st 2009, 10:03 pm

Sanket wrote:This is your first post ever, how is it possible that your topic was deleted? Shocked

hahah nice..

Kaxi we do not delete topics we might lock them or move to trash but nothing is deleted unless it really has to be depending and that is usually the admin or global mods call.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaxi June 2nd 2009, 12:54 am

Sanket wrote:This is your first post ever, how is it possible that your topic was deleted? Shocked

All of my posts were in that topic.

The topic was deleted.

You should be able to put two and two together from there.

kirk wrote:

hahah nice..

Kaxi we do not delete topics we might lock them or move to trash but nothing is deleted unless it really has to be depending and that is usually the admin or global mods call.

You posted in my topic, Kirk. I know that you are probably a very busy person and do not remember help topics, but you did post.

Typlo also did so. I even sent him a PM regarding the topic.

Here was the link to the topic:

https://help.forumotion.com/other-problems-f46/hacker-on-forumotion-site-gone-once-more-t44793.htm

It now reads that the topic does not exist.

Kirk, if you check the history on your computer over the past day or two, you should find that you have a hit.

The topic itself had about twenty or so posts in it total. I had about six or seven.

I would just like to know why it was deleted. Someone must have deleted it. I apologize, Kirk, but you must be mistaken.

I'm going to change my password now.
Kaxi

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario June 2nd 2009, 2:41 am

There was no topics about that. We are not allowed to delete members post only to edit. Your best bet is to make a new topic about your problem.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaxi June 2nd 2009, 4:18 am

MrMario wrote:There was no topics about that. We are not allowed to delete members post only to edit. Your best bet is to make a new topic about your problem.

Well, someone deleted it. I just want to know who did it and why. If it was an accident, then so be it. If I broke a rule, then so be it. If it was something else...

...I just want to know what the heck happened.

I also have e-mails in my Inbox on Topic Reply Notifications about the topic. So, if you guys want screens shots or forwards, then I'll be happy to oblige.

I just want to know what happened to it. I can respect it if I know what happened; I'll stay pissed when I don't.

I'm also one of those people who hates to repost things that already have been posted. I'm that guy that doesn't post for a week after getting locked out of a post, coming across an "expired" page.... *Note Link for example*

[-Link-]

But, yes, I am ticked. I will repost it, but I am going to continue to be sour about this until information is given. But, I'm just a single member. The site as a whole is what matters.

Sorry about the sour grapes,

~Kaxi
Kaxi

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario June 2nd 2009, 4:26 am

I don't know but we aren't allowed to delete topics. The only thing I would say is just make new topic about your problem. Its better to PM a staff member about it then making a topic in a future.

Nothing to really add.

=>Lock
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down