The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have no clue where to post this but someone is trying to hack my forum

3 posters

Go down

Solved I have no clue where to post this but someone is trying to hack my forum

Post by person June 10th 2009, 6:36 am

Someone is trying to hack my forum they even said because i banned them for not following rules i dont know what to do and they just wont stop I have banned their IP, accounts, and everything but they know how to undo it all! help me anyone!
person

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: I have no clue where to post this but someone is trying to hack my forum

Post by kirk June 10th 2009, 7:03 am

well they cant hack anything if they have no access to the admin panel.
make sure you ban his user name ip and email.. and change you pass to something large and complicated if you feel he will get in.
also make sure your forums security is on as well

Last edited by kirk on June 10th 2009, 7:09 am; edited 2 times in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: I have no clue where to post this but someone is trying to hack my forum

Post by person June 10th 2009, 7:05 am

he knows everyones pass is the issue but we found a way to block him about 6 min. ago but we were worried and it sure made everyone mad.
person

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 10th 2009, 7:11 am

person wrote:he knows everyones pass is the issue but we found a way to block him about 6 min. ago but we were worried and it sure made everyone mad.

well i dont understand how he would know everyone's pass. if thats the case then everyone needs to change them.

you can also consider tying something like this.

Instead of banning a member that keeps returning with a new ip

create a group and a board called the dog house, or what ever you want to call it.
what you do is place this person in that group and then only allow them access to that board. and now take all his privileges away. no posting no pm no replies no nothing.
all he can do is see the forums he is in and he is stuck there.

sure he will try to come back with other accounts. then you just keep putting him in there. he will finally get sick of it and move on. it sounds cruel but this is sometimes better then banning. because sure he's still a member. but he is confined to this one board and group with no privileges and cant do anything.. oh i had a couple people call it purgatory too... lol

you can even hide the board from other members. but i actually let them see the board and the stickies posted in there for why and how members come to be in there.
so just a thought. but it has worked for me in the past. and they will get sick of trying new accounts and finally give up and leave.

hope that helps
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by person June 10th 2009, 7:14 am

hahaha thats a good idea ill try that
person

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 10th 2009, 4:50 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Sanket
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down