The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persian Not Farsi - Choose Your Language !

2 posters

Go down

Persian Not Farsi - Choose Your Language ! Empty Persian Not Farsi - Choose Your Language !

Post by phaeton June 13th 2009, 6:00 pm

Hi moderators sunny

I hope I am in the good section for my very particular purpose. Here how I came to register and to post this article:

In Google, I searched for "create forum multilanguage", then Forumotion attracted my eyes. Specially when I saw there is a page to Choose Your Language. I was looking for "French", but I saw there is also "Farsi". How happy I was: I will have access to all my three languages in one place!

Alas, when I clicked the link "Farsi", I got an Arabic page with garbages ! Imagine you clic the word "English", but you get a Turkish page! People of Turkey use somehow the same fonts than you English people, you can even try to read their words but you will understand nothing...

The same goes for Persian people and Arab ones. They use ressembling fonts but they dont talk the same language. All Asians are not Chinese! Persians are not Arab. So for the moment, I humbly suggest you suppress your "Farsi" section... because it is not at all in Persian and it can not be well received by a Persian talking person.

The Persian is my mother tongue, but I am French, then English is my third auxiliary language, I mean for International communication. This will be really a universal gift for me if I can have a forum entirely in unicode where I can practice my mother tongue as always as I do with French and English. I think especially to all those Persian talking people who are not good in English or French writing. Don't offer them a gift whic is not useful!

I am not a technician in Internet, but I am expert in my mother tongue (I work as Persian-French translator), so I am humbly ready to translate into Persian all your menus and documents necessary to "persianize" for good your Persian section. As an idea, may you give me a Text list in French or English words and I give you back their precise transaltion into Persian in TXT unicode or Microsoft table word format, as you wish. Then you can publish it somewhere in the forum or ask a professional to verify my translation, etc. I mean we can do that for good.

I would like also to urge you: would you please update your vocabulary. The term "Farsi" is now declared caducous. All respected international instances have already accepted to use only the term "Persian" in English (so "Persan" in French). May you verify in Google or Yahoo please. Microsoft, until Office 2003, used the term "Farsi" but hopefully, this is corrected in Office 2007 whic uses "Persian". All new version of usual fonts (Time New, Arial...) are good in this concern. For a scientifical and detailed argumentation please go to the respected web page of CAIS (The Circle of Ancient Iranian Studies), or simply type "Persian not Farsi" in any Internet search engine.

OK, Persian is not a very used language. But if you want to have it in your listing, then you should have it for good, in total respect of the language's rules, like your French section which is good.

Be sure that if you show your friendship for my little mother tongue, I will not be the only person who will be happy to serve you for free in acheiving such a simple but necessary update. Persian talking people, Iranian or Afghan, Tajik or Indian, Ouzbek or Chinese..., from every political or religious horizon, are kvery nown for their unconditional love for their mother tongue. Nothing could make them live down their inherited language and to accept an imposed one. May you read some more about the Persian language History in Wikipedia for example.

You perhaps know it: we have already all the Linux in Persian (Parsix). But most people are still dependant to Microsoft way! So there is still many things to do until we have a Persian working environment for the end user in Internet communication. I hope everyone will do the best which is possible here and now.

Excuse me to have been so long. Thank you for all you do to maintain this forum community. Have a nice time. I will be back in some days to see if there is a reply. Hello

Phaeton sunny
phaeton

Language : Persian, French, English

Back to top Go down

Persian Not Farsi - Choose Your Language ! Empty Re: Persian Not Farsi - Choose Your Language !

Post by phaeton June 23rd 2009, 12:02 pm

Even not one reply after 10 days !

That shows how "international" is Forumotion. The administrator or moderators of this community have surely some reasons in continuing the same Arabian politic than the Islamic Republic of Iran !

Shame on you !
phaeton

Language : Persian, French, English

Back to top Go down

Persian Not Farsi - Choose Your Language ! Empty Re: Persian Not Farsi - Choose Your Language !

Post by mohsen July 7th 2009, 3:47 pm

My only problem with the same support is here.
mohsen

Language : Persian, English

http://forums.p30games.org

Back to top Go down