The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Username Colouring Issue

2 posters

Go down

Username Colouring Issue Empty Username Colouring Issue

Post by MakeMagick Tyler June 15th 2009, 8:46 pm

OK, shall we begin..?

So I have a rank entitled "Media Mod", which appears yellow.

Yellow is coincidentally the secondary colour of my Forum, and so I have set links to appear as yellow.

I wanted the usernames of my unranked members to be coloured WHITE, but because of the names acting as a link to the profile, they are instead appearing yellow, which makes it hard to determine Media Mods from average members.

I have a Profile button, and so there is no need for the names to direct to the profile.

And so my question is; Is there any possible way to stop names acting as links when a member posts? If not, is there anyway to make them appear white, rather than the standard link colour? I can't change the colouring of Media Mods, as I have already had a custom, yellow "Media Mod" icon made.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
MakeMagick Tyler
Forumember

Language : English/Francais

Back to top Go down

Username Colouring Issue Empty Re: Username Colouring Issue

Post by Walshy95 June 15th 2009, 9:19 pm

You would have to do some HTML and Java Script codes to make the names non clickable I think.

However, you can change your regular members names to white by creating a new group called 'Members', and setting that group to white. The only downfall is that everytime a member joins your forum, you must add that member to the Members group. Otherwise the color of the newly registered member is the same color as it is now.
Walshy95
Walshy95
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1308
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by MakeMagick Tyler June 15th 2009, 9:21 pm

I realised this, but to be honest I plan on my Forum getting big, being the base to a game I am creating. So I don't particularly want to add each and every member to a Group.
It wouldn't be a Java code, Java doesn't really take much to do with Forums. It's HTML.

If anybody has the HTML code I'd need, please do tell me.
MakeMagick Tyler
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MakeMagick Tyler June 21st 2009, 6:10 pm

This is a bump.

Please, I really need your help guys.
MakeMagick Tyler
Forumember

Back to top Go down