The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to make forum not show up on my main forum?

4 posters

Go down

How to make forum not show up on my main forum? Empty How to make forum not show up on my main forum?

Post by xshadow10 June 21st 2009, 11:06 am

Hi, I know the question is a bit confusing so I'll explain it. I want to create a forum, where I can post topics, BUT I don't want it be shown on my main forum. I want to link it. So say I had a forum called "Happy", I want that forum not to be shown with the rest of the forums, instead I want to link them. So how do I do that?
xshadow10
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

How to make forum not show up on my main forum? Empty Re: How to make forum not show up on my main forum?

Post by MrMario June 21st 2009, 7:15 pm

If I am understanding your question you would just post the link somewhere so that people will click it.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

How to make forum not show up on my main forum? Empty Re: How to make forum not show up on my main forum?

Post by xshadow10 June 22nd 2009, 12:37 am

Yeah, I get that part, where you just post a link somewhere else. But how do I make that forum not show up with the rest of the forums. Say I had 2 categories, and 4 forums, I want the forum called "Happy" not to show up with them. Here's ex:

General (category)
-Talk about anything(forum)
-Trash(forum)

Games (category)
-Talk about gaming (forum)
-Links to good games (forum)

So you see my point? I want to make a forum, so it doesn't show up with the rest of the forums.
xshadow10
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SupaDavis June 22nd 2009, 1:21 am

Permissions Smile

Admin Panel -> General -> Catergories and Forums -> Permissions (the red X/the green tick) of the forums you want. Then You can set it so that only certain people can see it, but people can access it if you post a link Smile

Hope I helped with my fail skills
SupaDavis
Forumember

Male Posts : 34
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by xshadow10 June 22nd 2009, 2:11 am

If I do that, then regular ppl wont see the forum. If I set it so only admins can see it, then when I post a link to it.... you can only view it if your an admin. Is there anyway to hide a category or something?
xshadow10
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by AirforceSS June 22nd 2009, 4:45 am

Admin Panel>>>Display>>>Homepage>>>Headers & Navigation>>>Nav Links>>>Add a customized Menu

From there, it's pretty much self-explanatory...
AirforceSS
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SupaDavis June 22nd 2009, 6:49 am

xshadow10 wrote:If I do that, then regular ppl wont see the forum. If I set it so only admins can see it, then when I post a link to it.... you can only view it if your an admin. Is there anyway to hide a category or something?

Set it to Everyone can "read" it. But only admins can view it. And that should work Very Happy
SupaDavis
Forumember

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down