The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW TO REMOVE THE VOTE THING IN MY FORUM?!

4 posters

Go down

Solved HOW TO REMOVE THE VOTE THING IN MY FORUM?!

Post by xshadow10 Fri 26 Jun - 2:57

I want to completly get rid of the vote thingin my forum
xshadow10
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: HOW TO REMOVE THE VOTE THING IN MY FORUM?!

Post by kirk Fri 26 Jun - 5:35

You have to do it in your forums permissions one by one for each board.

Admin panel>general>forums.forum permissions.
for guest,members,groups and other admins just uncheck all the boxes in the (can create a poll) then hit save. you will have to do this for each forum.
The poll option might still appear on the subject board. but if a member tries to create one they will not be able too.

OR

if you are using phpbb2 version then you can just take the whole thing out in your templates.

Admin panel>display>templates>Post and private messages>posting_poll_body = Add a poll to a message.

Click on action and remove the whole code. then add one at least character
to the box where the code was and hit save. now scroll back down and hot publish.That's it. the poll will not show up at all now.Remember you can only do it this way with the phpbb version. if you are using another version then the first way i explained is how you would do it.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by xshadow10 Fri 26 Jun - 9:02

The poll option might still appear on the subject board. but if a member tries to create one they will not be able too.

That's my main reason for removing it, because when the poll option appears, it ruins the look of my forum. If my memory is correct, I remember going somewhere and click checking "yes" for people to vote. My other forum that I have doesn't have this option. So is there anyway for me to completely remove it?!
xshadow10
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Fri 26 Jun - 9:09

Go to Admin Panel>>General>>Categories and Forums>>Click the Modify of the section>>Permisson>>Then click on Advance at the bottom>>Look for Vote and un-Check the Vote>>Then look for Create a Poll and un-Cheak that as well>>Save

Repeat this to all the sections. There is no other way besides this.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by xshadow10 Fri 26 Jun - 9:14

Sorry my bad, I guess I didn't mean the poll thing, what I actually wanted to remove was the "+ and -" thing on each topic, which I thought was a vote thing. But, I found out it was there because I had the "reputation" activated. So I solved my problem, sorry for bothering u guys.
xshadow10
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Fri 26 Jun - 16:47

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Sanket
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down