The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts problem

3 posters

Go down

Solved Posts problem

Post by Andrea_mne June 29th 2009, 9:01 pm

Hi,

I have been looking for an answer here.. Actually I was looking if anyone had a simillar problem, and I apologise if you answered this before.. I haven't managed to find anything.

SOme of my forum members have a very specific problem, and they cannot write a normal post. They write their text with all the formatting they want (including of course having lines and spaces in their text) and when they go to Preview everything's fine, but once they send post, it turns out to be a bit messed up, meaning that everything's written in one line, and has almost no formatting at least that's what they explained).

Just to mention, I have Invision, and also I have option WYSIWYG activated, and we haven't had problems so far.. So have you any idea, how could I help those that have problems, or what do I need to do in my Admin panel so that they can write normally, without having their posts looking like they don't know how to write properly. (if it helps, I might have seen that those members have their name - when they're online - written in italics??? in the Who is online line, which is the most confusing part.. )

Thank you in advace

regards

Andrea Wink
Andrea_mne

Female Posts : 19
Language : English, Serbian, French

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Posts problem

Post by Master Marc June 29th 2009, 9:05 pm

That means they are hidden on your forum, Wink

Also,try this please:

ACP=>General Tab=>Forum=>Configuration=>Misc options*=>Resynchronize your forum=>Tick the box,and hit save.

If that doesn't work,try asking your members to use spaces in their text after ever full-stop...
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 29th 2009, 9:08 pm

it's hard to know without a preview/screen shot of what there post are coming out as. make sure they do not have the edit mode on in the subject box wile they are creating a post.

it looks like this and Posts problem 34ru3hi switches the editor mode.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea_mne June 29th 2009, 9:10 pm

OK thanks a lot, I will try both of the options you mentioned.. Wink

EDIT: Thanks guys, I looked a bit, and I'm sure that the problem is with this Editor button. I sent them a notification, and hopefully the problem wil be solved. Smile If not, I will try to resinchronize my forum..
Kirk you can lock the topic. And if I still have a problem, I will send you a pm to unlock it. Wink
Andrea_mne

Female Posts : 19
Language : English, Serbian, French

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 30th 2009, 8:49 am

Since the topic was requested to be locked i will now lock the thread
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn