The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Topics be viewed by poster only or automatically moved to secure location

2 posters

Go down

Can Topics be viewed by poster only or automatically moved to secure location Empty Can Topics be viewed by poster only or automatically moved to secure location

Post by White Dwarf Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:48 am

I have a forum that I want individual users to be able to post info on. I want them and admins to be the only ones who can read and edit the posts. The permissions I have set up for members are View Forum, Edit Its Own Messages, Delete Its Own Messages, and Open Topics. However, when I had a member try to post, they were not able to post anything. Or, is there a way to have the topic automatically moved to a secure catagory?

Thanks for the help
White Dwarf
White Dwarf

Male Posts : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can Topics be viewed by poster only or automatically moved to secure location Empty Re: Can Topics be viewed by poster only or automatically moved to secure location

Post by Karenn Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:04 pm

Hiya,

yes you can do this - go to your administrators panel => General => Categories and Forums, then edit the permissions for that forum/category.

It depends on the member's ranking aswell, I think .. Like Admins can see more, than members ect.
Karenn
Karenn
Forumember

Female Posts : 279

http://barkingmad.dogboard.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Can Topics be viewed by poster only or automatically moved to secure location Empty Re: Can Topics be viewed by poster only or automatically moved to secure location

Post by White Dwarf Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:56 pm

I tried the permissions. I have the permissions for posting a topic marked for members, but they do not seem to be able to post a topic.
White Dwarf

Male Posts : 2

Back to top Go down