The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone else made a forum with my Email!

3 posters

Go down

Solved Someone else made a forum with my Email!

Post by AkselJ July 3rd 2009, 3:28 pm

Hey there,
I just got an Email from noreply@forumotion.net saying I successfully created the forum "soniconline.forumotion.com". What do I do? I don't want the creator to register a forum with my Email...
AkselJ

Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Someone else made a forum with my Email!

Post by kirk July 3rd 2009, 3:49 pm

whats the link?
that link is not working.
plus if you got an email activating the forum. it will have the user name and pass that the forum was created with. so just log in to the forum and delete it.

it's possible that someone created the forum with a similar email address to yours and miss typed there address and yours instead? so just delete the forum
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by AkselJ July 3rd 2009, 3:52 pm

That link works if you remove the quotation marks. And it says password is "The password you registered" or something, and I can't recover the password, and noone has a similiar Email.
AkselJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 3rd 2009, 3:56 pm

AkselJ wrote:That link works if you remove the quotation marks. And it says password is "The password you registered" or something, and I can't recover the password, and noone has a similiar Email.

what quotation marks? there are none in that link and that link is not working for me.
If you where sent an activation email for the forum then the user name and pass to the forum is in that email.

and how do you know if it's not someones email thats similar to yours and the made a typing error that ended up being your email.

someone can create all the forums they want with someone else email.
but they can not activate it unless they know the pass to open your email account.
what is the link to the forum?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by AkselJ July 3rd 2009, 4:55 pm

That link is an email... The pass is not in the mail. Noone has a similiar Email as it is custom for my webpage. And I sorted it out, it was an friend who used it so no need to worry. But thanks anyways.
AkselJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 3rd 2009, 4:57 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Sanket
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down