The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other forums leaving abuse on my forum ???

4 posters

Go down

Other forums leaving abuse on my forum ??? Empty Other forums leaving abuse on my forum ???

Post by bob1964 July 6th 2009, 6:54 pm

What do i do about other forums leaving false abuse claims on my forum ????
bob1964

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Other forums leaving abuse on my forum ??? Empty Re: Other forums leaving abuse on my forum ???

Post by emikati July 6th 2009, 6:58 pm

btw you will get the report on abuse not forumotion ok?? if u dnt want the person to report abuse ... ban his ip address ... user and groups> ban control > ban ip
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Male Posts : 393
Language : English, HTML

Back to top Go down

Other forums leaving abuse on my forum ??? Empty Re: Other forums leaving abuse on my forum ???

Post by Mehtevas July 6th 2009, 6:58 pm

What are tey claiming is going on?
and may i have a link to your Forumotion forum so i can check it out myself?
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by bob1964 July 6th 2009, 7:23 pm

emikati wrote:btw you will get the report on abuse not forumotion ok?? if u dnt want the person to report abuse ... ban his ip address ... user and groups> ban control > ban ip

hes not even a member of my forum , we used to be on a forum together and i left and started my own one, now he just posts abuse claims from the log in page since he cant get in as i have it members only .
bob1964

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 6th 2009, 7:42 pm

bob1964 wrote:
emikati wrote:btw you will get the report on abuse not forumotion ok?? if u dnt want the person to report abuse ... ban his ip address ... user and groups> ban control > ban ip

hes not even a member of my forum , we used to be on a forum together and i left and started my own one, now he just posts abuse claims from the log in page since he cant get in as i have it members only .

just set the permissions for all your forum to members only.
Unfortunately any forum with the permissions set to guest then anyone can post.
I do know you can see the ip of a guest when they post something but i am not sure if you can ban it. you should be able to ban the ip and he will nor be able to register.
but as far as preventing him from posting as a guest. the only way would be to not allow the guest permissions for any forums/boards.

hope that helps a lil
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down