The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I switch my main page to something other then the forum, is it still required for me to keep links in the forum?

3 posters

Go down

If I switch my main page to something other then the forum, is it still required for me to keep links in the forum? Empty If I switch my main page to something other then the forum, is it still required for me to keep links in the forum?

Post by LouieWpHs04 July 7th 2009, 12:24 am

Was just wondering as I just got a domain name officially is it required that if I switch my homepage to another page other then the forum that I still have to link to forumotion in the forum? Such as. I would still be linking to forumotion, just on my main page though. Is that alright? Is there any special way I should do this, or should I simply just link back to forumotion? Very Happy If this question is confusing I can rephrase it.
LouieWpHs04
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

If I switch my main page to something other then the forum, is it still required for me to keep links in the forum? Empty Re: If I switch my main page to something other then the forum, is it still required for me to keep links in the forum?

Post by Mehtevas July 7th 2009, 12:26 am

If your asking if you have to have something linking your site to Forumotion, Yes you do.
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

If I switch my main page to something other then the forum, is it still required for me to keep links in the forum? Empty Re: If I switch my main page to something other then the forum, is it still required for me to keep links in the forum?

Post by LouieWpHs04 July 7th 2009, 12:42 am

That's not what i'm asking. I'm asking if I still have to link on the forum if i'm linking on my new homepage. In otherwords, the forum will be a part of the website but it won't be my main page. I am required to link on my main homepage so i'll still be linking to forumotion, I was just curious if that means that I still have to keep the links on the forum in-tact.
LouieWpHs04
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 7th 2009, 12:45 am

So your asking if you have to have a link to your homepage in your forum?
or
Are you asking if you have to have a link to your forum in the homepage?
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by LouieWpHs04 July 7th 2009, 12:49 am

I am told I have to link to forumotion on my homepage(which will be switched to something else other then the forum.). By doing so, i'm linking to forumotion. Thus i'm curious, does that mean I still have to link to them in my forum as well?(those little links at the bottom of all forumotion forums.)
LouieWpHs04
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 7th 2009, 12:55 am

Yes you have to have a link to Forumotion.com on your homepage and Yes you still have to link to them in your forum as well.

Yes to both Razz
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by LouieWpHs04 July 7th 2009, 2:52 am

Silly. As always, I would like a staff to confirm this. =p
LouieWpHs04
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by notMicElf July 7th 2009, 5:02 am

It's in their TOS (Terms of Service), if you don't link back to them, they could delete your forum entirely.

EDIT: Basically, you just need to make sure that there is a footer link to forumotion.com on every page, and phBB also.

Last edited by notMicElf on July 7th 2009, 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
notMicElf
notMicElf
Forumember

Male Posts : 377
Language : English, HTML, CSS, Java

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 7th 2009, 5:06 am

notMicElf wrote:It's in their TOS (Terms of Service), if you don't link back to them, they could delete your forum entirely.

Yikes, keep a link Razz
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by LouieWpHs04 July 7th 2009, 11:12 am

notMicElf wrote:It's in their TOS (Terms of Service), if you don't link back to them, they could delete your forum entirely.

EDIT: Basically, you just need to make sure that there is a footer link to forumotion.com on every page, and phBB also.

I know that, I just didn't realize it's required on every page, =/

I think you're incorrect, though.

If you check yes, you have to insert a link to forumotion.com

This is what it says if I want to make an HTML page my homepage. What would be the point of saying this if you're in fact required to link all your pages to forumotion? One should be enough, anyways.
LouieWpHs04
Forumember

Back to top Go down