The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help on resizing the avatar image

2 posters

Go down

Need Help on resizing the avatar image Empty Need Help on resizing the avatar image

Post by infinitude Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 10:30

Hey Guys,

I want the avatar image to be resized automatically (if the user uploads a larger avatar image, it should be resized automatically) so how can we do that guys........

Let me tell you what I have tried so far, I was following this thread :Resize picture, but the problem is it is resizing all the images in the forum, But i want only the avatar image to be shrined or resized.

Can any one help........?

Thanks,
Arvind
infinitude
infinitude
Forumember

Language : English

http://www.infinitude.nsguru.com

Back to top Go down

Need Help on resizing the avatar image Empty Re: Need Help on resizing the avatar image

Post by MrMario Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 13:08

That had nothing to do with avatars.

Admin Panel>>Display Tab>>Personal Avatars>>Set the limit you want>>Save
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Need Help on resizing the avatar image Empty Re: Need Help on resizing the avatar image

Post by infinitude Fri 10 Jul 2009 - 11:35

Hey Mario,

Thanks for your reply buddy....Wink but I know that already dude!!

Let me explain, for example if I have set the "max avatar file size" to 150x200 its going to limit there size I agree that but my question is, if the user tries to upload an image larger than the max size what i have specified. Then it is going to throw a message as the maximum limit for your avatar is 150x200(as per example) right!! so i Don't want that to happen, what ever size the image they are uploading it should be resized automatically to my specified limit (that's 150x200) so is it possible buddy!! if so how to do that?

PS: I don't want to create inconvenience for my forum users, like searching for an avatar which is exactly or smaller than 150x200 limit (or what ever limit). it should be a ease for users to use my forum ....Smile

Waiting for reply.........Very Happy

-Arvind
infinitude
infinitude
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jul 2009 - 14:22

The board software does not have the ability to resize uploaded avatars, it probably never will, nor should it. You need to look elsewhere for a solution.

Elsewhere...

As long as you don't care about compatibility with Internet Explorer 6.0, the best solution is to ask your members to link to an avatar as opposed to uploading an avatar. You can then add a couple lines to your CSS that will re-size linked avatars. The re-sizing CSS won't work with IE6 because IE6 has more bugs than a jungle in the Amazon...

Back to top Go down

Post by infinitude Wed 15 Jul 2009 - 17:06

Thanks for the reply Dion..... I guess i really have to find a solution else where Crying or Very sad

Mods could you keep this thread open so that some day some one would reply i guess Smile
infinitude
infinitude
Forumember

Back to top Go down