The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[New info leaked] July express update - the pun editing

+16
sterbensie
ZewwCoder
Mehtevas
dragonintel
ankillien
Blofeld
Cman
Walshy95
MrMario
Nessa
Doctor Inferno
Master Marc
Sanket
Darren1
Splytte
Jalokim
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[New info leaked] July express update - the pun editing Empty [New info leaked] July express update - the pun editing

Post by Jalokim July 10th 2009, 10:59 am

Anybody get the feeling they are going to convert to punbb?

I think I am.
pun is as flexible as IPB, but I prefered IPB because of its technology.
Now it seems pun has got the same amount if not more technology.

stay tooned, I'll take my time to create a cool show off pun forum.

***whhahhahaha this is one step closer to eliminating phpbb2... yeah ***

well, I want your thoughts, though its mainly going to be coders and designers replying.

Last edited by Jalokim on July 16th 2009, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

[New info leaked] July express update - the pun editing Empty Re: [New info leaked] July express update - the pun editing

Post by Splytte July 10th 2009, 11:25 am

That's cool. I also like punBB and this will maybe motivate me to create templates Very Happy
But anyway, phpBB rocks Very Happy

Wait and see, Hope it will be cool Wink

-=~Splytte~=-
Splytte
Splytte
Forumember

Female Posts : 753
Language : French, English, Dutch, Spanish, German, Japanese, Chinese (Beginner).

Back to top Go down

[New info leaked] July express update - the pun editing Empty Re: [New info leaked] July express update - the pun editing

Post by Darren1 July 10th 2009, 12:02 pm

Meh.

I like to the option to make ur own subdoamin though Very Happy

Templating editing in pun = pfftt (really it does)
3rd option is GREAT; it's one step closer to the universal announcements Very Happy .

Its a decent update, but id rather for a HUGE one - even if we have to wait till christmas
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 10th 2009, 2:14 pm

Ignorance is bliss.

Whatever it is, jalo just show the end result. Lets see the power of punbb. Wink
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc July 10th 2009, 3:10 pm

Hmmm!

Interesting...I've just swiched to phpBB2 a while ago just for template editing & now there is a new update, TT

I've never really tried a punBB version to it's fullest potential,yet...

I'll try it out on my test forum sometime, banana

~But first I'll have to spy on Jalo's own. Mwahahahahah!!!
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno July 10th 2009, 5:02 pm

Punbb is by the far the best on forumotion now, given that the CSS is much customizable and that it even has template edit.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa July 10th 2009, 5:06 pm

I haven't had a chance to try out the new update on my test forum yet, but I will go play with it now. Mr. Green I LOVE new updates. [New info leaked] July express update - the pun editing Skip
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 10th 2009, 7:04 pm

At first I didn't like Phnbb just didn't make me have the feeling at the others. But I am going to try and see what this looks like and see if it bring myself to use it.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Walshy95 July 10th 2009, 10:38 pm

So is Punbb more better now? Like has better features and stuff, or is it just an update telling us you can now code on there?
Walshy95
Walshy95
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1308

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 10th 2009, 10:59 pm

After a day of testing ...
I confirm the above.
PunBB is now the best.

I will be exploring all posibilities on my test site... I think you know where to look.
I am not advertising.
Drop by and leave some suggestions.
Maybe you've seen some cool stuff on other sites, tell me about it I might be able to code it.
I want to see how far I can go. But my imagination is being a little dull.

template editing allows you to completely edit your forum, this was first available on phpbb2, but I never really bothered testing it.

template editing opens everything, cos anything that can be coded using html can be doe on your forums now.

the other updates... yeah ... pretty small in comparison to the editing.
But there is one down side to template editing.

To truely be creative, you need to know html really well, you need to understand CSS, and know when to edit css and when to edit html.
At first you are faced with a tonne of senseless code, but starting at it and at the CSS for a while and things start matching up.

So yeah, please leave some suggestions and comment on the stuff I'm doing.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno July 11th 2009, 4:43 am

Now... I'm just waiting for template edit on phpbb3.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cman July 11th 2009, 5:20 am

Crap. I just bought $50 worth of credits. So, if PHPBB2 is eliminated...I am leaving Forumotion. Sad My skin goes best with PHPBB2.
Cman
Cman
Forumember

Male Posts : 681

http://firealarmsrme.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno July 11th 2009, 6:02 am

Actually, it will go better on punbb.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 11th 2009, 12:40 pm

yeah...
don't worry about phpbb2 ... its not being eliminated yet, and if anything does happen in the next years, all will be transfered.

but punBB can be transformed to look like phpbb2, in a few simple steps.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Splytte July 11th 2009, 3:12 pm

Jalokim wrote:punBB can be transformed to look like phpbb2, in a few simple steps.

Yeah I'm sure you will do it Laughing

That's a pity this update diodn't come earlier, I would have worked on my MJ skin on punBB Crying or Very sad

-=~Splytte~=-
Splytte
Splytte
Forumember

Female Posts : 753
Language : French, English, Dutch, Spanish, German, Japanese, Chinese (Beginner).

Back to top Go down

Post by Blofeld July 11th 2009, 9:37 pm

PunBB Has 3 pages of skins why? It should have more.
Blofeld
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1088
Language : ............

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 12th 2009, 1:20 am

Mr.Stamper wrote:PunBB Has 3 pages of skins why? It should have more.

That's because not alot of people like PunBB, as there were better alternatives.

I got 10AUD that it bounces up many pages by the end of 2 months because it now has template editing, and is slightly better than IPB.
(only because of the template editing)
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien July 13th 2009, 10:09 am

Great Update!

Now, PunBB has become my favorite version. I really like its simplicity and now template editing will make it the best of all.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonintel July 13th 2009, 1:45 pm

Mr.Stamper wrote:PunBB Has 3 pages of skins why? It should have more.

because hardly anyone used it before the update.... they will make more.
dragonintel
dragonintel
Forumember

Male Posts : 392

http://bestof.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2009, 12:20 am

Jalokim wrote:

***whhahhahaha this is one step closer to eliminating phpbb2... yeah ***

leave version 2 alone Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 16th 2009, 1:12 pm

I have a bit of a leak for you guys.

The techies are working on one of the suggestions featured in our suggestion forum. They have started , they actually are almost finished.

The lanuch will be in due time.

Its one of the newer suggestions... has a lot to do with forum integrity ...

heheh...
you know me as being a star info leaker, but I always have to keep it as a riddle. Stay tooned for more info, looking hot
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 16th 2009, 5:07 pm

Can't wait to see what it is Jalokim :3
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2009, 11:53 pm

Anyone know which version of PunBB is here on forumotion?

Unless it's 1.3.3 or later, I wouldn't go near it. Older versions had way too many bugs and security issues...and even 1.3.3 has its share of problems.

Overall PunBB is nowhere near as stable as phpBB3 or IPB2, and for that reason I can't ever see myself using it other than for testing.

Having said this, PunBB is light-years better than phpBB2. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by ZewwCoder July 17th 2009, 12:20 am

I am using PunBB now , this rocks so much !
ZewwCoder
ZewwCoder
Forumember

Language : Estonia, English, Finland, Dutch .

http://forum-for-fun.vampire-legend.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 17th 2009, 2:04 am

Jalokim wrote:I have a bit of a leak for you guys.

The techies are working on one of the suggestions featured in our suggestion forum. They have started , they actually are almost finished.

The lanuch will be in due time.

Its one of the newer suggestions... has a lot to do with forum integrity ...

heheh...
you know me as being a star info leaker, but I always have to keep it as a riddle. Stay tooned for more info, looking hot

Mr. Green I think I know what it is, without talking with the staff, or members Razz

EDIT:
Hey jalo, is there a leaked date of release yet? Question
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by sterbensie July 17th 2009, 5:46 pm

Jalokim, I noticed most of the standard links on the bottom of your site are gone. Can you please tell me how to do this? I don't mind keeping the forumotion link but everything I want to get rid off.
sterbensie
Forumember

Male Posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 17th 2009, 6:34 pm

Dion wrote:Anyone know which version of PunBB is here on forumotion?
Its a customized version of punBB, it has no version... but it should be based off the newest one since it was added almost a year ago
Dion wrote:
Having said this, PunBB is light-years better than phpBB2. Razz
Amen

sterbensie wrote:Jalokim, I noticed most of the standard links on the bottom of your site are gone. Can you please tell me how to do this? I don't mind keeping the forumotion link but everything I want to get rid off.

Template editing in punBB allows me to edit the links.

and yeah, there is a new ... pretty much useless new thread about the new update...
I mean why couldn't we just continue with this thread? marc?
the update was the blog... but since its still beta tested, the launch is set to next week
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by incredible_fear July 17th 2009, 6:53 pm

Punbb Rules! So much customizable.. jalo how did you make the logged as(the username of logged in) part on the new navigation bar on top of the forum,actually i have created the navigation bar by template editing but the username logged in doesn't appears
incredible_fear
incredible_fear
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1582

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar July 22nd 2009, 4:39 am

I don't care what you guys think, but Phpbb2 looks more neat and clean to me

and Jalo, why you being so self centered, why are you picking on good ol phpbb2? HUH? Sad
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok July 22nd 2009, 4:52 am

I can't wait to see the preview... I hope it looks great.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next