The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Verify A Meta Tag(Where to Put it?)

4 posters

Go down

How to Verify A Meta Tag(Where to Put it?) Empty How to Verify A Meta Tag(Where to Put it?)

Post by LetItRockpenguin July 11th 2009, 4:59 pm

Im Trying to add my forum to googles listings but i dont understand where to put the meta tag at.Can someone explain to me wher ei can put the meta tag at
LetItRockpenguin
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to Verify A Meta Tag(Where to Put it?) Empty Re: How to Verify A Meta Tag(Where to Put it?)

Post by Sanket July 11th 2009, 7:19 pm

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

How to Verify A Meta Tag(Where to Put it?) Empty Re: How to Verify A Meta Tag(Where to Put it?)

Post by LetItRockpenguin July 12th 2009, 12:04 am

Thanks But I Hit verify made the meta tag and it said we werent able to verify your site?
LetItRockpenguin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 12th 2009, 12:09 am

Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Temo August 11th 2009, 1:50 pm

Allthough the supplied tutorials are a help and should be looked at, I could not find exactly where to put the meta tags supplied by google web tools. Every topic I read gets you to the generalities page but does not specify exactly where to put the tags. After much fussing and playing around, I finally hit on the solution, so here is that information:

on the admin panel>>display>>homepage>>generalities

go to the additional tags box and click the add [+] icon for additional tags

For add type, select 'create "meta" tag type' and click select

In the 'Referencing: Metatags'
The first box, 'name attribute', put the metatag name, this would be what is between the quotes following 'name='. In the case of google webtools, would be: verify-v1
The second box, 'contents attribute', put the metatag contents, this would be what is between the quotes following 'contents='. In both the name and contents, do not include the quotes.

Click the Add button.

Returning to the generalities page, in the additional tags box, it should now show your metatag as google gave it to you to copy.
Temo

Back to top Go down