The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Sheet Problem! Please help!

+2
†figure
girlcoffee19
6 posters

Go down

Character Sheet Problem! Please help! Empty Character Sheet Problem! Please help!

Post by girlcoffee19 July 12th 2009, 3:00 am

Hello bye And thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me with my problem

My problem is that my picture,or my members pictures wont show up on the Character Sheet Page.

I'm the admin of my forum & I'm using phpBB version 2 skin.
To rule a few things out, I know its not a web broswer,web cache/cookies,or a URL problem.
I used firefox,Opera,IE,etc.I used photobucket,imageshack,and flickr,I cleared my internet cache,I changed my forum version(phpBB 2,phpBB 3,etc)And I STILL couldn't view the images we uploaded. bwi *pulls hair out*

The images only show up when we go to modify our character sheets.But thats it.other than that,we cant see each others pictures,or we cant see our own when we go to certain pages.Heres an example:

When I go to my character sheet or a members,the page looks like this:
Character Sheet Problem! Please help! Problemforum
no picture at all.

But when I go to modify my own character sheet,I can see it just fine:
Character Sheet Problem! Please help! Promlemforum2
The picture is showing.

Can anyone help me with my problem? Is it my computer or the forum service?
This happened recently too.Everything was working fine until forumnation came out with the latest site fix/update,after that my images wont show up.so is related to that? If so,is there any way to fix it back so I can view images again?

Thanks for your help!
girlcoffee19

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Character Sheet Problem! Please help! Empty Re: Character Sheet Problem! Please help!

Post by †figure July 12th 2009, 3:02 am

Well is it only you?
†figure
†figure
Forumember

Language : morse code

Back to top Go down

Character Sheet Problem! Please help! Empty Re: Character Sheet Problem! Please help!

Post by girlcoffee19 July 12th 2009, 3:10 am

Nope.its all the members too.No one can view their character sheet image.
girlcoffee19

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 12th 2009, 4:00 am

Hello,

have you as of yet re-started ur browser?

If not, try it
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 12th 2009, 4:03 am

Could it be Cache? try clearing it.

Last edited by Kinko on July 12th 2009, 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by †figure July 12th 2009, 4:04 am

Kinko wrote:Could it be Cache? try clearing it.

Read her post. She mentions it can't be the problem.
†figure
†figure
Forumember

Language : morse code

Back to top Go down

Post by girlcoffee19 July 12th 2009, 4:20 am

Smile Thank you very much for helping

and yes, I restarted my browser.Still have the same problems.It couldn't just be my browser or my computer since other site members are having the same image error on their own computers as well.
girlcoffee19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 12th 2009, 4:20 am

is it a Skin problem?
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by girlcoffee19 July 12th 2009, 4:25 am

I tried all the different phpBB version skins and the images still did not show.
girlcoffee19

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 12th 2009, 4:25 am

Kinko, good idea Smile

Girlcoffee, can you try changing ur skin, as it may be just the one individual skin.
Can you try several skins if it still does not show up
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 12th 2009, 4:26 am

darren1 wrote:Kinko, good idea Smile

Girlcoffee, can you try changing ur skin, as it may be just the one individual skin.
Can you try several skins if it still does not show up

Some skins are "faulty" and dont work properly. Wink

Im always known for my good thinking Wink
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by girlcoffee19 July 12th 2009, 4:31 am

okay guys =) I'll try a few skins now and see if the problem is still there.I'll keep ya updated if there's still a problem
girlcoffee19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 12th 2009, 4:32 am

Okie Dokie Neutral
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by girlcoffee19 July 12th 2009, 5:40 am

ok.I'm back. I tried out over 15 different skins,I changed different phpBB versions and the character sheet image still did not come up. Crying or Very sad This is complex.

But like I said before,everything worked just fine until Forumnation came out with the new update/fix 2 days ago.
It must of added & fixed stuff,but then caused an unseen bug/error that causes images to not be seen.Does anyone think that could of caused the image problem? Is there any other way to get the image problem fixed?

If not,then I'm ok with it.I'm not gonna die if I dont get mah images Laughing
But it would be awesome to get this solved though,it might help with others who come across the same problem in the future.
girlcoffee19

Back to top Go down

Post by girlcoffee19 July 12th 2009, 9:01 pm

Is there anyone else out there with this similar character sheet error?
girlcoffee19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 12th 2009, 9:03 pm

If it started after the update, itsprobably a bug, that will be fixed.
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by girlcoffee19 July 12th 2009, 9:05 pm

I really hope so.Thanks! Very Happy
girlcoffee19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 12th 2009, 9:09 pm

Welcome
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Walshy95 July 13th 2009, 12:11 am

It's not a bug I don't think. If it was, it would've been an update concerning the character sheets, wouldn't it?

Do you have an old version of your browser? Try updating your browsers.
Walshy95
Walshy95
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1308

Back to top Go down

Post by girlcoffee19 July 13th 2009, 12:19 am

My browser is up to date
and I don't think its a browser related problem,since other members have the same error too.
girlcoffee19

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 13th 2009, 2:32 am

Hmm, this appears to be a techies' problem.

By any chance when you were using PHPBB2 version, did you change the templates?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by girlcoffee19 July 13th 2009, 2:48 am

yes I did Rolling Eyes I used phpBB 3 at the beginning(its the default when you create an account),and then afterward I changed it to phpBB 2 because the site layout looked much better.
Everything still worked just fine though.

But then I changed my phpBB 2 to a different version(to see how that would look) & back again.And kept it on phpBB 2 version.After that I started to get a few image & text errors here & there(like the image stops showing,but it comes back once you refresh,text size gets big then change back to normal on a refresh,etc),it was nothing a lil page refresh couldn't fix.So I had no prob with it.
And on most days there were no problems at all.Then after Forumnation came out with the new phpBB 2 fix/update,the images just completely stopped showing.Now when I change to any phpBB version or Skin,the character sheet pictures dont show up at all.It does not show up for others who visit my forum either.And refreshing does not work & I cleaned my cache & cookies as well.
girlcoffee19

Back to top Go down

Post by PennysPony July 13th 2009, 3:20 am

i have the almost exact same problem..i can only veiw my or others pics on the character sheet when i go to modify.mine also goes to the side and smushes
PennysPony

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 13th 2009, 3:27 am

Girlcoffee, what parts of the template did you alter?

PennysPony, try clearing ur cache & cookies, that should correct it Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by girlcoffee19 July 13th 2009, 3:34 am

darren1 wrote:Girlcoffee, what parts of the template did you alter?

what do you mean? What phpBB version I changed or what I changed when I selected a forum skin?
girlcoffee19

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 13th 2009, 8:09 am

girlcoffee19 wrote:

what do you mean? What phpBB version I changed or what I changed when I selected a forum skin?

In your previous post you said that you had changed the templates of your forum whilst you were using PHPBB2 version, and I would like to know what template/s that you changed Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by girlcoffee19 July 13th 2009, 9:08 am

darren1 wrote:
girlcoffee19 wrote:

In your previous post you said that you had changed the templates of your forum whilst you were using PHPBB2 version, and I would like to know what template/s that you changed Wink

Well I did go to the template section(under Display) in the administration panel.
I went to check it out to see if anything there was causing the problem.
So under "Templates" I went to "profile" and clicked on "rpg_sheet" & "rpg_sheet_edit" and for both of them,there was a box with a bunch of html coding I didn't understand,so I did not mess with it.Maybe I must of clicked or erased something by accident. Shit

Does anyone have the full "rpg_sheet" & "rpg_sheet_edit" html coding so I can look it over & make sure everything is right and nothing is missing or placed wrong?
girlcoffee19

Back to top Go down