The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

exporting my members email addresses? How?

4 posters

Go down

exporting my members email addresses? How? Empty exporting my members email addresses? How?

Post by madlyinlove11 July 21st 2009, 7:17 pm

Thread title says it all, thanks!
madlyinlove11

Language : english

Back to top Go down

exporting my members email addresses? How? Empty Re: exporting my members email addresses? How?

Post by Mehtevas July 21st 2009, 7:17 pm

Can't. invlves database access, which we will never have.
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

exporting my members email addresses? How? Empty Re: exporting my members email addresses? How?

Post by madlyinlove11 July 21st 2009, 7:58 pm

on my vbulletin and phpbb site, you only need admin access.

users > export email addresses.
madlyinlove11

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 21st 2009, 8:07 pm

In Forumotion we don't have this option.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 21st 2009, 8:08 pm

what do you mean save the email address to somewhere else?
what i used to do for my records was copy everything into a notepad or even the email account the forum was created with.

but i used to do this as i went along. this is the only way you can do it on a free forum host. or you can even create like a test forum for yourself with another email account. i keep things in storage there. like music players,codes,rules, what ever you want to store. it makes things easier.

so it might take some time copying all your members emails. but do a little at a time and you'll get there. then just be sure you add any new members as they join.

madlyinlove11 wrote:on my vbulletin and phpbb site, you only need admin access.

users > export email addresses.
Yes thats because they are paid versions and you own and control your data.
Free host do not offer this. but forumotion offers a whole lot of other stuff for free.
i have paid forums too and they can be just as big as pain as anything else... lol
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down