The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot change the color of the text on the post!

2 posters

Go down

Cannot change the color of the text on the post! Empty Cannot change the color of the text on the post!

Post by Leisis July 23rd 2009, 7:44 am

Hi! Im so glad you entered this topic! Please tell me how I can change the color of the text used in the content box when creating either a topic or a simple post.

F.eks. :

Topic: hello everyone

content: This is the text I want to change the color on! Currently its white and the background is almost the same. Its difficult, annoying and painful to read! This should be the easiest thing to find, but of some reason I cant find it anywhere! :S

If you know how to change the color of the text inside where you write the actual content of a topic or a post, TELL ME. I am not talking about the topic or frame or anything like that, it is the TEXT in the CONTENT BOX. I cant stress that enough x)

Thanks for all answers!
Leisis

Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Cannot change the color of the text on the post! Empty Re: Cannot change the color of the text on the post!

Post by Jalokim July 23rd 2009, 11:24 am

we just need to see a link to your forum... we need to know the forum version...
all of this will carry on smoothly

its the input box ...
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Cannot change the color of the text on the post! Empty Re: Cannot change the color of the text on the post!

Post by Leisis July 23rd 2009, 11:37 am

Alright Smile
But most of it is in norwegian, but as long a that doesnt matter you can enter the website here
Leisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 23rd 2009, 11:46 am

Don't worry ich sprachen das norwegen.

lols...

you need to skip over to your CSS.
admin panel-> display-> colors -> css
hit ctrl+f or F3 and find this code in your css:
Code:
input,textarea, select {color : #ffffff;font: normal 11px Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;border-color : #000000;}

now there where you see color:#ffffff;
change that to color:#000; that will make the text black.

if you want it in a different color just change the hex code.

if you do not have anything in your css box
paste in this code:
Code:
input,textarea, select {color : #000;font: normal 11px Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;border-color : #000000;}

and save
your input box should be black on white Razz
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Leisis July 23rd 2009, 12:14 pm

I didnt find anything in the css matching the first code you entered, so I pasted in the second one, but it still didnt work .. Im sure Im doing something wrong..
Leisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 23rd 2009, 12:48 pm

just type in that :

input,textarea, select

it has to find it ...
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Leisis July 23rd 2009, 1:04 pm

Immediately after I pasted 'input,textarea, select' into the 'find' box showing up by pressing f3 or ctrl + f, the box turned red and it said 'phrase not found'

:S
Leisis

Back to top Go down