The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free domain change

3 posters

Go down

Solved Free domain change

Post by menacenz July 27th 2009, 8:24 am

Hi all.

A couple of questions I couldn't find answers to searching the forums ...

1) Is it possible to change the free domain of one's forum to another one of the free domains? E.G. forumotion.net to forumotion.com or darkbb.com etc.?

2) Failing that if I were to buy my own domain would this get my around net-nanny software blocking the website? Webmarshal at my work has blocked my access to my forums, and well all of forumotion.net hence the need for the domain change. Seems it doesn't like some of the langauge used and cracked down quite hard even though I've kept the board clean but I guess i'll need be more vigilant in the future.

What I'm worreid is if buying a domain will only act as a redirect rather than a total new address. E.g. when I type in mawzone.forumotion.com or mawzone.darkbb.com it redirects to the correct address of mawzone.forumotion.net which webmarshal see's and of course blocks - this is what I am trying to avoid.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by menacenz on July 27th 2009, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Solved - Thanks :))
menacenz

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Free domain change

Post by NaXuh July 27th 2009, 2:31 pm

1) Is it possible to change the free domain of one's forum to another one of the free domains? E.G. forumotion.net to forumotion.com or darkbb.com etc.?

Yes, Go to Admin Panel ==> General ==> Forum Address. Now, When you see the Dropdown Categorys, go to Alphabetical, and look for F. Chose Forumotion.com and Click "OK".

Once you've done that, you will be able to change it.

Hope this helps!

About the Second: I don't know.
NaXuh
NaXuh
Forumember

Male Posts : 226
Language : English, C#, CSS, HTML, PHP.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 27th 2009, 7:19 pm

About the 2nd question, the url of the old forum will convert to the new one. There is no other way of stopping that.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by menacenz July 27th 2009, 9:27 pm

Awesome that worked a treat NaXuh - that's for all the help guys Smile
menacenz

Language : english