The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Reply boxes causes some uers to jump to bottom of page

Go down

Quick Reply boxes causes some uers to jump to bottom of page Empty Quick Reply boxes causes some uers to jump to bottom of page

Post by Niall July 29th 2009, 11:53 am

The quick reply box appears to be set as the first control in the tab order. For some reason that I am still investigating on both IE and Firefox for some users the focus is set to the web page on navigation. This means that as the caret is in the Quick Reply box the users page jumps to this when navigation is complete.I suspect it is an accessability settings issue as it is happening on more work than home machines and here in the UK corporates have to take accessability very seriously. The other likely cause could be add blockers or key loggers, in fact I know of at least one key logger that seems to set focus on the web page, though as this is still in beta I doubt that app itself is in use.

As even on the accessablity front it would be daft for the quick reply box to be the first tab stop can this please be changed to at least say the second?
Niall

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Quick Reply boxes causes some uers to jump to bottom of page Empty Re: Quick Reply boxes causes some uers to jump to bottom of page

Post by Niall July 29th 2009, 11:55 am

The alternative may to append the first post number as a # direct on the end of the URL as per

https://help.forumotion.com/other-problems-f46/quick-reply-boxes-causes-some-uers-to-jump-to-bottom-of-page-t50319.htm#326476

instead of the lin being

https://help.forumotion.com/other-problems-f46/quick-reply-boxes-causes-some-uers-to-jump-to-bottom-of-page-t50319.htm

This would also cure my biggest gripe which is the damn banner and headers which occupy screen space that has to be scrolled past when going to subsequent pages in a thread.
Niall

Language : English

Back to top Go down