The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Users are now stealing ForuMansion's stuff

+3
Team101
MrMario
Rok
7 posters

Go down

Users are now stealing ForuMansion's stuff Empty Users are now stealing ForuMansion's stuff

Post by Rok July 31st 2009, 5:44 am

Just a little bit agin, I got a message from a user named Team101, and sent this message:
Forumansion icons are from this site http://www.rapidsharegfx.com/icons and no one can stop me from using them

My forum's icons were posted on Rapidshare. I'm really stressed about this because many people can be getting them. The icons are also copyright. Is there a way I can get users not to use them? Someone illegally put the forum icons up on rapidshare.

forumosion.forumotion.com and forumbooster.forumotion.com are both trying to steal everything from my forum. There needs to be something done about this.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Users are now stealing ForuMansion's stuff Empty Re: Users are now stealing ForuMansion's stuff

Post by MrMario July 31st 2009, 6:11 am

The only thing I would say is to contact RapidShare and tell them about the stuff and tell them its copyright and provide all infomation so that they can remove it.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Users are now stealing ForuMansion's stuff Empty Re: Users are now stealing ForuMansion's stuff

Post by Rok July 31st 2009, 6:23 am

Well, I sent them an email just now, and I hope that will help.

Edit:
http://www.rapidsharegfx.com/user/Bigmama/
I think it's perlagotchi. We had a big feud about how he was copying ForuMansion's stuff, and he types exactly like what's found in this profile.
Place of residence: Hell
ICQ number:
A bit about myself:
Iam just Get people have Chance
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Team101 July 31st 2009, 6:53 am

You cant blame antone for using those unless they are remove from there until they are remove then ahter you can demand your rights
Team101
Team101
Forumember

Male Posts : 245
Language : english

http://forumosion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok July 31st 2009, 6:58 am

It's not my fault that perlagotchi seemed to put my copy-protected forum icons up on a free-download, graphics exchange site to over thousands of user visits everyday.

Team101, you also seemed to threaten me by saying you'll use those icons. Nevertheless, you know that they were copy-protected in the first place.

@ Topic
I've sent both an email and a graphics reply on Rapidshare complaining to remove my forum's icons from their site.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by sworddude247 July 31st 2009, 7:08 am

Ouch, need any help PM me on your forum.
sworddude247
Forumember

Language : Copy & paste this to your language box!

http://dannysforum.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Team101 July 31st 2009, 7:14 am

I cant be blame if I saw those icons on a well establish site like and decide to use them
Team101
Team101
Forumember

Male Posts : 245
Language : english

http://forumosion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok July 31st 2009, 7:18 am

I know you can't be blamed, but you still KNEW that they were copyright by ForuMansion. You have been an active member there for a long time and you obviously would of known that. I won't blame any users for downloading my forum's icons illegally, I just want perlagotchi to get in trouble for the trouble he's causing. I don't even think his graphics he proposed here on the forum were real at all, and that they were found on graphics-sharing sites.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by disneysuper August 1st 2009, 10:52 pm

Guys, I am staff on ForuMansion and people have been taking most of our graphics basicly since a month after we started.

We need some action here!
disneysuper
disneysuper
Forumember

Male Posts : 63
Language : English, Learning Korean, HTML, CSS, BBCode,

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario August 1st 2009, 11:24 pm

I would suggest disabling right click then.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by disneysuper August 1st 2009, 11:28 pm

Right click will just annoy the members.

Even if we disable right clicking they can click and drag the image into a folder on their computer then upload it.
disneysuper
disneysuper
Forumember

Male Posts : 63
Language : English, Learning Korean, HTML, CSS, BBCode,

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini August 2nd 2009, 12:53 am

Actually i don't think there is anything you can do about it... I mean, there is a way, but ethically speaking - i don't think you can do much.

MrMario wrote:The only thing I would say is to contact RapidShare and tell them about the stuff and tell them its copyright and provide all infomation so that they can remove it.
There is thousands, if not millions of files hosted on Rapidshare. Cracked programs, stolen stuff, hack programs, warez... And i d know, i am downloading from there. I am having doubt this will help Wink

Yes, right click will only annoy people, i had it once... Plus, its bypassable.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 2nd 2009, 1:53 am

the only thing you can do is report the file link to rapidshare saying there is copyrighted material being shared.Other then that do you really think people will stop using things on the computer. images are only a right click away.Unless someone is making money from your copyrighted material then what do you expect to gain. i mean your talking icons for heavens sake.

there is music thats traded day in and day out. look at lime wire. do you see that going anywhere anytime soon.The day someone is using your icons and making money then take legal action and let the courts decide what should be done. but what about the other 1000 or 100.000 people that might be using them.

I Would suggest getting legal advice on what the laws are. do you even have them internationally copyrighted? can you proof it? and what actions do you want to take?
that is what you should be asking yourself. there is nothing that forumotion can do for you.If you send forumotion some sort of legal documentation stating you own the images and there are copyrighted. then any forumotion forum would be in violation of copyright infringement and would be shut down. but without providing them this they have no proof.Plus even if you provide proof they have no control and can do nothing about people using or sharing them outside of forumotion.

you have to get a lawyer rok. but to me it sounds like a wast of time and money over icons anyone can make with the simplest software programs available for free.

i know this is probably not the answer you where looking for rok. but before any sort of action can be taking you have to have them under international copyright laws.once this is established and you can provide proof of this. then you can take more actions. but is it really worth it?sure it would be if you can sue and get some real money out of it.but other then that is it worth it?

And don't get me wrong my friend i am on your side and would be upset too.
but to really do something and prevent someone from using images is almost impossible.
just report any files that someone is using to share them and any forums that might be using them. thats about all you can do.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down