The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't want my forum to be visible on seach engines

5 posters

Go down

Don't want my forum to be visible on seach engines Empty Don't want my forum to be visible on seach engines

Post by Eric_HU August 1st 2009, 12:11 am

Hello! As the title says; I don't want my forum to apear on seach engines. What to do? Please help me! I love you

Thanks!
//Eric

Last edited by Eric_HU on August 1st 2009, 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Eric_HU

Language : Swedish

Back to top Go down

Don't want my forum to be visible on seach engines Empty Re: Don't want my forum to be visible on seach engines

Post by MrMario August 1st 2009, 12:40 am

Nope possible. You can just make sure that you don't give people the url on sites, forums etc....
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Don't want my forum to be visible on seach engines Empty Re: Don't want my forum to be visible on seach engines

Post by TheKiller August 4th 2009, 9:20 pm

why dont you want your forum to apear in the seach engines ? o.O
this way others can find your forum and join..
its good to have many members Smile
i would like that others find it moore easy/fast
TheKiller
TheKiller
Forumember

Male Posts : 291
Language : English

http://RisingDead.UltimaRPG.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 4th 2009, 9:46 pm

It can be done to a certain extent. just don't participate in the forums directory.
and don't have any boards open to guest. like the bots will still go there but they cant gather any info to put in the search engines. Also make sure your members are not going to give the link etc.. if your keeping it private.

@ thekiller
Actually some people like to have there forums private. i have had a few that only good friends that i know in real life where there and we had our real pic's in Avie's and our personal everyday life information or just discussions among us.Just stuff we would rather not have the whole world have access to. it's our personal everyday life's and isn't no ones biz but ours.. Mr. Green

then i created a place for my 11 yo niece and her friends. so the parents that run it don't want that to be public. so there's different reasons.

but now the forums name can show up in search engines. so it's not a 100% full proof but it helps.But remember bots do not have the ability to register..lol so they can only gather the information from boards that are open to guest.

anyway hope that helps a lil.

Last edited by kirk on August 5th 2009, 6:34 am; edited 2 times in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKiller August 5th 2009, 1:57 am

oh ok Kirk thanks for the info Smile
TheKiller
TheKiller
Forumember

Male Posts : 291

http://RisingDead.UltimaRPG.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 5th 2009, 3:58 am

Hi,

you can make it so that bots (such as google & yahoo) cannot gain access to your forum, via inserting a code into somewhere.

Ill get the code and location to add ti when I get home later on today Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 5th 2009, 6:15 am

darren1 wrote:Hi,

you can make it so that bots (such as google & yahoo) cannot gain access to your forum, via inserting a code into somewhere.

Ill get the code and location to add ti when I get home later on today Wink
cool

like i said by me explaining what i did. It's still not going to be 100% full proof but helps.

Note. for those that think there going to make there forum private and be able to break TOS? Think again. Forumotion where not born yesterday they know..and if your one that is breaking tos. it's only a matter of time before forumotion find it,mod it or some member reports it.. SO behave... OR IT'S CURTIANS Sad

just wanted to add that in case anyone out there thinks they have a way around TOS.. not happening affraid

privacy is one thing. but breaking tos or laws is another salut
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down