The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranks issue that effects profile part of post

Go down

Ranks issue that effects profile part of post Empty Ranks issue that effects profile part of post

Post by Guest August 23rd 2009, 6:38 pm

Ranks issue that effects profile part of post 2l8eyqr

^^ It makes all the text go orange

I realise it's because my html code of my rank isn't perfect.
Code:
<b><font color=red>E<font color=#19A6D1>l<font color=#EBA326>m<font color=#57D915>o </b></font>

I think I need to add more </font> bits but the bar won't let me add any more code. What can I do?

Back to top Go down

Ranks issue that effects profile part of post Empty Re: Ranks issue that effects profile part of post

Post by Guest August 23rd 2009, 8:27 pm

I just checked, and this is pretty easy to do. Click on the globe in my post profile to see a live example of what you want. I combined your request with the one in this topic:

https://help.forumotion.com/-t52425.htm

However, in order to combine the two requests, I changed the way the rank was displayed to a MUCH more powerful method. I created a javascript file with some style info and a document.write() command containing all the HTML needed for the rank. Then for the rank title, I used:

Code:
<script src=(URL of the JS file)></script>
The URL must be as short as possible so the above line is less than 32 characters.

This method allows you to create the rank of your dreams because you have full access to HTML.

Back to top Go down

Ranks issue that effects profile part of post Empty Re: Ranks issue that effects profile part of post

Post by Guest August 23rd 2009, 8:34 pm

I don't know how to do that.. could you make me a java script file using the code in first post? It needs to be like this:

Code:
<b><font color=red>E</font><font color=#19A6D1>l</font><font color=#EBA326>m</font><font color=#57D915>o</b></font>

Or/And could you explain how I make a java script file?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 28th 2009, 10:46 am

Bump.

Back to top Go down

Post by notMicElf August 28th 2009, 11:23 am

I noticed an error in it:
<b><font color=red>E</font><font color=#19A6D1>l</font><font color=#EBA326>m<</font>font color=#57D915>o </b></font>

Try that? not sure if it's too long or not.
notMicElf
notMicElf
Forumember

Male Posts : 377
Language : English, HTML, CSS, Java

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 28th 2009, 1:18 pm

Too long Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 28th 2009, 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down