The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding a forum thats not visible on the main page

2 posters

Go down

Adding a forum thats not visible on the main page Empty Adding a forum thats not visible on the main page

Post by TR September 8th 2009, 4:19 am

Or not attatched inside of another forum.
Is there any way to have a forum only accesable through to 'Jump to' feature, or the Topic Calender? I know it has something to do with   some how.
TR
TR
Forumember

Language : English, Gamer

Back to top Go down

Adding a forum thats not visible on the main page Empty Re: Adding a forum thats not visible on the main page

Post by kirk September 8th 2009, 4:31 am

TR wrote:Or not attatched inside of another forum.
Is there any way to have a forum only accessible through to 'Jump to' feature, or the Topic Calender? I know it has something to do with   some how.

well you just use
Code:

as the name of the forum.
the forum will still appear and show the topics as new or the number of how many [post are in there. but unless members know to get to it by the jump box then they will not be able too. you can also still have the permissions set for groups or members and it will not even show unless they have the permissions.

but that's about the only way i could think of doing it.

hope that helps a lil.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Adding a forum thats not visible on the main page Empty Re: Adding a forum thats not visible on the main page

Post by TR September 8th 2009, 4:42 am

Thanks- Question not resolved yet though, seems like there would be a way to do it.
TR
TR
Forumember

Language : English, Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 8th 2009, 4:49 am

the only other way you are going to make a forum non visible is to have the permissions set for members or groups not to see it. and if you only want it in the jump box. then what i explained above is the only way

you can always create a hidden group and have the members you only wish to allow to the forum in that group.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down