The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members cant request to join new group

3 posters

Go down

Members cant request to join new group Empty Members cant request to join new group

Post by littlepeddler September 9th 2009, 11:52 pm

I don't know about the way it is now but it use to be that members could request to join a group that is open. Any one that is not a member of a group cant not request it. That's kind of frustrated . Has it changed recently? I have one group that has about 4 pending members request so I know that part is working. Can some one explain this.
littlepeddler
littlepeddler
Forumember

Female Posts : 101
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Members cant request to join new group Empty Re: Members cant request to join new group

Post by Godzone September 10th 2009, 12:14 am

Go to the bottom of the page click a group, and if that group is a open group, the user will have the option to "request to join"
Godzone
Godzone
Forumember

Male Posts : 100
Language : English and Bosnian

Back to top Go down

Members cant request to join new group Empty Re: Members cant request to join new group

Post by kirk September 10th 2009, 12:16 am

you have to add them to the group it's always been like this.
you can have it as an open group for member to join/request to be in the group. but you will have to approve them and add them to the group manually.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepeddler September 10th 2009, 12:30 am

I know I have to approved them once they have put in a request. They just can't request. We get the :

Error "You have no rights to access this page."
littlepeddler
littlepeddler
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepeddler September 10th 2009, 12:32 am

Error

You haven't got the rights to access this page

This is what they get when they try to do a request to a group and the group is open.
littlepeddler
littlepeddler
Forumember

Back to top Go down