The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, exactly what is happening to my forum?

+3
Darren1
kirk
omnibus2
7 posters

Go down

So, exactly what is happening to my forum? Empty So, exactly what is happening to my forum?

Post by omnibus2 September 24th 2009, 6:09 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/14/26/60/53/wtf11.png

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/14/26/60/53/whatth12.png

It happens randomly, whether I am editing things in the control panel, or making new posts, all of a sudden my forum turns into this. It's not my browser, this doesn't happen anywhere else. Does anybody seriously have an answer for this? This is the second forum I have tried with this website, I'd like to find out what is going on. Thanks.
omnibus2

Language : English

Back to top Go down

So, exactly what is happening to my forum? Empty Re: So, exactly what is happening to my forum?

Post by kirk September 24th 2009, 7:01 am

whats your link?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

So, exactly what is happening to my forum? Empty Re: So, exactly what is happening to my forum?

Post by omnibus2 September 24th 2009, 7:08 am

omnibus2

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 24th 2009, 7:18 am

So, exactly what is happening to my forum? Hello

I believe that this is a problem within the DB (DataBase), but I am un aware of where, thus not able to provide any real answer.

I do however suggest that you try another browser, as it my be browser specific.

Also, do any of your forum member also experience this problem?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 24th 2009, 7:23 am

what in the world?
this forum looks nothing like your screen shot in the first post?
I don't know what to think? do you have other admins with you.
go into the logs and see what they did lately. and when dose this accrue only when you are editing.

i am going to have to ask my colleges to see what they can make out of this if anything? We might have to request a tech. have you tried changing the skin. it could be a glitch with that too?

also can you re-up those screen shots to http://www.largeimagehost.com/?action=upload or http://www.imagevenue.com/ ? i can not see the full size when clicking them
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omnibus2 September 24th 2009, 8:13 am

Yes, it's a completely different forum, not even in english. I have no clue what is going on, and I would appreciate help a lot.

Here, I have uploaded to the website you recomended: http://www.largeimagehost.com/gallerys/untilted/eFhttX.html

I'll try changing the skin. Using other browsers yields the same problem. Thanks again.
omnibus2

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 24th 2009, 8:18 am

do you have a domain for your forum?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omnibus2 September 24th 2009, 10:26 am

I'm not sure, I simply went to the "Create Free Forum" link and went on from there. I don't think I got a domain seperately.
omnibus2

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 24th 2009, 3:58 pm

dose it go to that place every time you click the link to your forums portal or home page?

i had a forum couple years back with forumotion. i had it for like a year or more. then one day i click my link and it goes to some forum that was my link and it's not even my forum. never seen before ever. someone just came in and stole my link somehow... lol.

this happened to me with two forum on forumotion. this was a wile ago.
so i don't know if this is whats happening to you?

but i think the reason it happened to me is that i never had a domain for the forums. so someone bought a domain and happened to use the same link as me so of course because i never had a paid domain for it they would get it.

i never did get an official answer if that was the case or not, it was way before i was a mod here too.. i mean this was like two or three years ago and i don't even have them forums anymore to ask now. actually i might still have the old links?

so i don't know if this is the case?

but i would try to change you link and see if this happens again.
That's what i ended up doing and i never had the problem again for the remanding time that i had the forums.

so definitely try changing the link then if it still happens we are going to have to request a tech. but that can take time and a admin here has to approve the request then put it in. techs are busy so it has to be something major to get them involved.

well see if it was the same thing that happened to me before your forum would not even be coming up. it would be that other place?So??? strange one.

i'm going to have to post this in the office for all other staff and lucky to discuss and perhaps determine what could be causing this to happening.
then if we cant determain it or come to a solution we will run it passed typlo and see if we can get a tech.

I mean i really hate to request a tech if it's something staff or other members can work out and solve.The techs have there work cut out for them so we have to be sure it is nothing that we can resolve. plus there all working on the new updates that will be arriving soon. so let me run this passed the rest of staff and see what they think. i don't even know what to think as of right now?Well other then your T-Rex looks as if he's starting to get hungry... lol no just kidding.

but if you like you can still try changing your link.
You can always mass email/send a new letter to all your members to give them the new link. and i would announce what the new link will be on the forum for a couple days so they know to.

oh i don't see your footers? what version are you using? and did you take them out.
if you did you have to put them back. you have to have forum support, create free forum and phpbb in your footer.it's forumotions policy. if you dint take them out then maybe this is a skin problem?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 24th 2009, 5:26 pm

What was that information actually displaying, in english please?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 24th 2009, 5:39 pm

Well it looks like the nave bar and footer are in English.
and it's the exact link as his forum here.
http://dinosaurworld.forumotion.com/cosystem-discussion-f9/

So, exactly what is happening to my forum? Tn_wtf
So, exactly what is happening to my forum? Tn_WHATTHE

actually judging by the second pic.
it says Avril fan club lithuania ?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 24th 2009, 5:42 pm

kirk, i understood the problem. I want to know what is that written in some other language, someone should translate it into english.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 24th 2009, 6:21 pm

well this the best i could do. it's only the info at the bottom.of screen shot #2
i can translate whats at the top but dunno if thats going to help us? lol
--------------------------------------------------------

Mes tutime 1 registruota vartotoja
Naujausias registruotas vartitijas yra Admin
-------------------------------------------------------
Is viso dabar vartotoju 1:: 0 registruotu 0 slaptu ir 1 sveciu
Daugiausia vartotoju (2) buvo Pen. 08 21, 2009 6:57 pm
Registruoti vartotojai: Nieko

Vartotojo vardas ______ Slaptazodis ________ Prijungti mane automatiskai kiekveieno apsilankymo metu (check mark) Prisijungti

--------------------------------------------------

we tutime 1 registered consumer
The newest registered vartit Admin
----------------------------------------------
In total there is 1 user online:: 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Most users (2) was 08 21, 2009 6:57 pm
Registered Users: None

user name _____ Password _____ Log me in automatically kiekveieno visit (check mark) join

heres the translator
http://www.wikiled.com/lithuanian-english-prisijungti-Default.aspx

oh heres whats under delete forum cookies.
--------------------------------------------

Musu vartotojai is visp parase 1 pranesima
----------------------------------
Our users from Visp wrote 1 message
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 24th 2009, 8:50 pm

I want to know whats written under information.

Also, since its not happening anymore. It could've been a temporary issue.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 26th 2009, 3:55 am

Sanket wrote:

Also, since its not happening anymore. It would've been a temporary issue.

right well i guess we'll just leave it at that for now and lock a lil latter.

omnibus2 if this happens again and this thread is locked just pm me with this threads link and I'll unlock it again. but well wait a lil bit first before we do
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omnibus2 September 27th 2009, 9:03 am

Hey, thanks for the replies, but it is still doing this, from time to time like when I finish making a post. I have tried using non-admin users and the problem still occurs. It usually happens for a couple minutes and goes away, only to appear later. It also does log me back out when this occurs.

EDIT: I just found something that could be useful-when it reverted back to the normal forum, after I was logged out, there was an add for like "searching for lithuanian women" or something. I assume the ads are related to the forum, so that is really strange.
omnibus2

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid September 27th 2009, 1:00 pm

kirk, the good ol' template editor just made the footer text white, so technically, the links aren't gone, just "invisible".
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 27th 2009, 1:11 pm

dotDavid wrote:kirk, the good ol' template editor just made the footer text white, so technically, the links aren't gone, just "invisible".

oh i see huhohi lol
well i was thinking about what was causing this i dint even think of that.
thanks dot David.

omnibus2.
Have you tried changing the forum link.
I mean if it conflicting with this place some how? how i don't know? i don't know how two people can have the same link. and everytime i click it get your dinosaur forum.
but may be changing the link would help. because if you change your link and this happens again with the same place and your new link.. well that just don't add up.

so please try that and see what happens. if it's no better i will pm lucky and see what he thinks and take it from there.

And what really gets me. is why would this forum what ever it is about Avril fan club lithuanian women or what ever. why would they have a link saying dinosauros anyway. i mean it cant be there link.
so it must be something with the data from one forum clashing with another?

i mean i really do not know, it's way way strange.

so try changing the link and see if that helps.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omnibus2 September 27th 2009, 3:47 pm

kirk wrote:
dotDavid wrote:kirk, the good ol' template editor just made the footer text white, so technically, the links aren't gone, just "invisible".

oh i see huhohi lol
well i was thinking about what was causing this i dint even think of that.
thanks dot David.

omnibus2.
Have you tried changing the forum link.
I mean if it conflicting with this place some how? how i don't know? i don't know how two people can have the same link. and everytime i click it get your dinosaur forum.
but may be changing the link would help. because if you change your link and this happens again with the same place and your new link.. well that just don't add up.

so please try that and see what happens. if it's no better i will pm lucky and see what he thinks and take it from there.

And what really gets me. is why would this forum what ever it is about Avril fan club lithuanian women or what ever. why would they have a link saying dinosauros anyway. i mean it cant be there link.
so it must be something with the data from one forum clashing with another?

i mean i really do not know, it's way way strange.

so try changing the link and see if that helps.

Where do I go to change the link? Do I do the quick update of forum name?
omnibus2

Back to top Go down

Post by omnibus2 October 5th 2009, 7:21 am

Bump- it's been far longer than 24 hours.

Anyway, it still occurs time to time, it happens when I am logged in and do things like make new posts or edit things in the admin panel. Any help please?
omnibus2

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid October 5th 2009, 7:39 am

Yes:

ACP >> General >> Forum Address >> Quick update of your forum name.

I'll try and track down the Avril Fanclub site. In the mean time, please be patient. Smile Smile Smile
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTyFruTTy October 5th 2009, 8:08 am

try to clean the cookies from your computer
secondly when you are adding a reply if you stayed too much in the page itself without doing anu activity it is automatically signong you out speaially if you are not saving with your browser to remeber your password
thirdly check the secuity options from you CP
ToTyFruTTy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 5th 2009, 11:44 am

Hello,

The techs have been warned about this uncommon issue, hopefully they will find a solution soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down