The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

refresh deletes post or directs to homepage

3 posters

Go down

refresh deletes post or directs to homepage Empty refresh deletes post or directs to homepage

Post by thelatebay September 25th 2009, 7:52 am

I am having this problem with some users, whenever they 'refresh' or 'preview my posts' it deletes what they have typed.
Now I am not a computor wizard or such I just use it for recreation means, So what is going on I go on quite a few sites and this doesn't happen on them.

i also have this that when i type and press refresh it sends me to the home page????

has anybody got ideas please?

now what i notice on here and elsewhere that if i press refresh etc it comes up with a box asking to resend whereas on my site it doesn't Neutral
thelatebay

Language : english

Back to top Go down

refresh deletes post or directs to homepage Empty Re: refresh deletes post or directs to homepage

Post by Darren1 September 25th 2009, 8:09 am

refresh deletes post or directs to homepage Hello

Could you please provide a screenshot with what you mean by:
now what i notice on here and elsewhere that if i press refresh etc it comes up with a box asking to resend whereas on my site it doesn't Neutral

As for the rest, I suggest that you clear your cache and cookies => https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/how-to-clear-the-cache-in-ff-ie-t22597.htm
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

refresh deletes post or directs to homepage Empty Re: refresh deletes post or directs to homepage

Post by thelatebay September 25th 2009, 10:24 am

ok will do, another issue for several members regardless of what explorer they use eg ie7 ie 8 xp or firefox everytime they post they need to log back in? i've checked and they are set to remember me so what could also cause this?
thelatebay

Back to top Go down

Post by thelatebay September 25th 2009, 10:32 am

refresh deletes post or directs to homepage Untitl10
thelatebay

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 25th 2009, 1:49 pm

Is the original issue resolved now?

thelatebay wrote:ok will do, another issue for several members regardless of what explorer they use eg ie7 ie 8 xp or Firefox every time they post they need to log back in? I've checked and they are set to remember me so what could also cause this?

The logging in problem is a known issue that is only specific for uses using Internet Explore versions 6-8 refresh deletes post or directs to homepage Icon_wink

thelatebay wrote:refresh deletes post or directs to homepage Untitl10

refresh deletes post or directs to homepage Suspect refresh deletes post or directs to homepage Suspect
What is the URL/S of the forum/s that this is happening on?

Sanket any idea's?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 25th 2009, 2:55 pm

Darren did you try it on that forum?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 26th 2009, 1:21 am

Sanket, my forum isnt the one in concern, and no I can't replicate it, even on firefox and trying to do this on IE6 just fails to replicate.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 26th 2009, 6:55 am

Yes i know its not your forum, i meant on that forum?

thelatebay, can you uninstall firefox & install it again?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by thelatebay September 26th 2009, 10:35 am

it's more an issue for others i can live with it. it's driving others mad though
thelatebay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 26th 2009, 10:39 am

Can you ask them to do so? & tell us what happens.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by thelatebay September 26th 2009, 10:44 am

will do
thelatebay

Back to top Go down