The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW topic icon not showing.PLZ help

3 posters

Go down

NEW topic icon not showing.PLZ help Empty NEW topic icon not showing.PLZ help

Post by Lacart Nosco Mon 28 Sep - 15:38

I have to questions, mabe can be solved at once ;o)

1-

In my forum when someone posts a reply or a new topic there is no button or nowhere where you can see that somthing new has been posted.

I dont know how to activate that option, the name of it, where to do it or how.. sorry I'm new to this.

Can someone explain step by step how to add this option so you can see when new things have been posted in any category or forum part?
---------
2-

When i create a category in my forum, I add a forum to it, any other SUB forum i add to THAT forum it shows on the main page, how can i do it so it doesnt?
ill try to explain, works like this:
I have Category and I hadd a forum under it, this forum is X
Now when i add subforums to X they show on the main page, but i want to show only AFTER you klick on X.

how do i do that??

THX alot.
Lacart Nosco

Language : english

Back to top Go down

NEW topic icon not showing.PLZ help Empty Re: NEW topic icon not showing.PLZ help

Post by ankillien Mon 28 Sep - 16:21

Hello,

Sorry, I don't really understand your first question.

For second question, you can go to Admin CP > Display > Structure & Hierarchy > Scroll down to 'Sub-level links on index :' > No > Save.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

NEW topic icon not showing.PLZ help Empty Re: NEW topic icon not showing.PLZ help

Post by Lacart Nosco Mon 28 Sep - 17:02

ok ill try to explain 1st question. is there a way for all members to see when somthing new has been posted or do everyone have to go topic to topic see if there is anything new writen in it??

i hear that you can have a icon or somthing in front of all the"forums" topics you make etc.. that changes colour or somthing when new posts hev been posted? if os how do i make it apear and work?
Lacart Nosco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Mon 28 Sep - 17:39

They will appear. Don't you see the icons change when users post on your forum?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacart Nosco Mon 28 Sep - 23:48

nope there are no icons, i dont see any icons at all :o( here is the link to my forum: well actually only on 2 of the about 10 "forums" i got in there is there 2 icos, the rest nothing, plz chek and help :o(

http://ataforum.bigforumpro.com/index.htm
Lacart Nosco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Tue 29 Sep - 15:16

Display>Pics management
advanced mode
Icons for the forum tab
Forum :
Forum - New :

Do you have images there?

Also i cannot see the forum, it requires registration.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down