The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About settings for background pic(page)

2 posters

Go down

About settings for background pic(page) Empty About settings for background pic(page)

Post by ExcaliburBrief September 28th 2009, 2:08 pm

Hello to everybody, I'm Admin two forums the first is in PHPbb2 I inserted a small (about 10k , 200x200 ) pic. in the background pic (page) which is the background right behind the Logo and was great, the result is a checker board as background where each square is the above pic.. ok

Now I trying to do the same w/ second forum but this time the pic is a bit bigger this forum I believe the template I think is PHPbb3, not sure thoug, but is not coming out, still old gray background remains.

Any ideas where to look to try to fix this.
I want to replace the background pic.(page) for a pic. either a unique large image or as explain before as a checker board, I can resize the pic is needed, what are pic requirements for doing this?
ExcaliburBrief
ExcaliburBrief
Forumember

Male Posts : 52
Language : English

http://capitolhillbriefing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

About settings for background pic(page) Empty Re: About settings for background pic(page)

Post by ankillien September 29th 2009, 4:56 am

Hello,

Can you post some screen shots please?
I can't get what exactly you are asking.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

About settings for background pic(page) Empty Re: About settings for background pic(page)

Post by ExcaliburBrief September 30th 2009, 1:20 am

My question is When I try to replace the black color in the background of the forum (page) for a pic, I only managed to see one small pic in the background, I already try to check the fixed the unmarked blank or added some of the scripts I had read from some of your own commentaries in this topic, like for example:

I try these two but not available

body {
background : url('picurlhere') fixed no-repeat;
}

or

body {
background : url('IMAGE URL HERE') repeat !important;
}

I need the picture to shows in the background page repeated , ok as it is right shows in the Admin Panel but nothing else.

I decide to delete the piece of script of the CSS page after I was left with a white background only or a white background with only ONE picture in the upper left corner.
I just need that picture to populate all over the background page.

Other solution for me is place a unique picture as background I just need to know the size of the background in pixels.?

Thank you for answering, I know sometimes, my grammar is far from perfect.
ExcaliburBrief
ExcaliburBrief
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien September 30th 2009, 8:56 am

Ok, Try putting this code in your CS and see if it works.
This code will make your background pic repeat.

Code:
body {
background : url(img url here) repeat !important;
}
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ExcaliburBrief September 30th 2009, 3:00 pm

Thank you, problem solved! I did it already but I was checking as well the uncheck for pic repeated so I unchecked it and bang solved!

But I need now to change the background color of my chat box , the repeated pic populated as well my chat box , how I can fix this?

Last edited by ExcaliburBrief on September 30th 2009, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unnoticed problem at first.)
ExcaliburBrief
ExcaliburBrief
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien September 30th 2009, 11:26 pm

Oh!

Then you should remove the !important part from the code I gave you and the put this code the chatbox.

Code:
body.chatbox {
background-image : none !important;
background-color : yellow;
}

If you don't want to use background color for chatbox, leave it blank.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Back to top Go down