The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domain Name....moving it...is it possible?

3 posters

Go down

Domain Name....moving it...is it possible? Empty Domain Name....moving it...is it possible?

Post by stang man Jonathan October 16th 2009, 8:57 pm

I have future plans to move my Mustang Club www.NJStangers.com to it's own hosting and I was wondering how I would go about moving the above domain name to like Hostgator....would I have to move it to Go Daddy first?

Also will all the data on my site be lost when I move it or with my site still function from the free forum domain it had when I started it?

I appreciate all the help I can get...I was told I need to contact an admin for the code so I could transfer the domain over...but any advice I get would be great.

Thanks,

-- Jonathan
stang man Jonathan

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Domain Name....moving it...is it possible? Empty Re: Domain Name....moving it...is it possible?

Post by Sanket October 16th 2009, 9:05 pm

You are correct you will get the code from Typlo.

Also, you won't be able to take the data on your site since forumotion does not allows database access.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Domain Name....moving it...is it possible? Empty Re: Domain Name....moving it...is it possible?

Post by stang man Jonathan October 16th 2009, 10:03 pm

oh ok thanks I contacted him....once I do that. is my forum shut down automatically or do I have the opportunity to acquire the info to copy and paste it over?
stang man Jonathan

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 16th 2009, 11:05 pm

That would be something that Typlo would know.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down