The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to add some advertisements on my forum (ads by google)

5 posters

Go down

How to add some advertisements on my forum (ads by google) Empty How to add some advertisements on my forum (ads by google)

Post by roan^^ Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 12:10

Help me

How to add some advertisements on my forum (ads by google)

Yap please help me. im not familiar with widgets so i dont know where to start and how..

Thank you
roan^^
roan^^
Forumember

Male Posts : 91
Language : English/Pilipino

Back to top Go down

How to add some advertisements on my forum (ads by google) Empty Re: How to add some advertisements on my forum (ads by google)

Post by Jophy Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 19:50

you will need to pay google for an add from them.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to add some advertisements on my forum (ads by google) Empty Re: How to add some advertisements on my forum (ads by google)

Post by gameface101 Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 2:15

I didn't pay for squat and I got these "ads by google" widgets all over my forum... how can I remove them???

edit: go pac-man!
gameface101
gameface101
Forumember

Male Posts : 40
Language : bad english, tinkers with:RGSS, HTML, CSS, JS/JQ

http://www.gameface101.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 4:21

gameface101 wrote:I didn't pay for squat and I got these "ads by google" widgets all over my forum... how can I remove them???

Off topic

I think what roan is asking is how to put is own add up or the google AdSense to try to make money? not sure but if that's what you mean roan all you do is sign up for google AdSense.. it's free and you can make money if you have a lot of people clicking the adds. plus you can have them in more then one place.

here's the link.

https://www.google.com/adsense/login/en_US/?gsessionid=vjQ4uZHz_8JwLiRuSCb6Nw

gameface101 wrote:I didn't pay for squat and I got these "ads by google" widgets all over my forum... how can I remove them???

gameface101
you can remove any widgets you do not want, or choose not to show them. you can also create your own custom widgets with what ever you would like to put in them.
as far as the adds in your header. you can have that set for only guest to see.This way when you and your members are logged into your forum you will not see them.

Admin panel>general>configuration

scroll down to activate adds,and select guest and hit save.
now only guest will see the adds in the header.

hope that helps a Lil
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by gameface101 Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 4:50

@kirk - first of all your avatar is scarrin tha bugeebeez out of me!
second thank you for the quick response... the activate adds setting
did the trick... and third! you mean I can make money with my free forum
using ad sense!? man you possess the power of awesomeness thank you
for bringing this to our attention!

happy halloween! ^,^
gameface101
gameface101
Forumember

Male Posts : 40
Language : bad english, tinkers with:RGSS, HTML, CSS, JS/JQ

http://www.gameface101.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 5:23

gameface101 wrote:@kirk - first of all your avatar is scarrin tha bugeebeez out of me!
second thank you for the quick response... the activate adds setting
did the trick... and third! you mean I can make money with my free forum
using ad sense!? man you possess the power of awesomeness thank you
for bringing this to our attention!

happy Halloween! ^,^

as long as your following forumotions tos you can basically do what you want.
now of course if you have some kind of business and your making Lot's of money.
well depending what county you are in. you would have to obey any such tax laws, permits,license etc... but that would be the responsibility of what ever company or products/services being sold.

i have even heard of people charging on pay pal just to join there forum.. hahaha
dunno who would actually spend money to do that. but hey if someone wanted to pay there's no tos saying you cant charge. although in reality i dont think you would get people to pay to join a forum. it's hard enough getting people there for free.. lol

yeah that Avie.. hehe i love Halloween. it's the one time of the year everyone can get there freak on.. What a Face Razz
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by roan^^ Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 5:48

After asking this questions,,, Suddenly I already had a google ads to my forum>... What happen.... Is google taking advantage to my site..

@@KIRK Ok thanks for that i will do that , you got my point I need to have money to pay for domain name in the future..

Thanks for the direct link
roan^^
roan^^
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by roan^^ Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 6:13

gameface101
you can remove any widgets you do not want, or choose not to show them. you can also create your own custom widgets with what ever you would like to put in them.
as far as the adds in your header. you can have that set for only guest to see.This way when you and your members are logged into your forum you will not see them.

hope that helps a Lil

Help How will I remove the google ads from my forum?

I am not the One who put that ads to my forum...

I want to put my own ads from google to my forum with my registration in adsense..

Help How will I remove the google ads from my forum?
roan^^
roan^^
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 6:14

roan^^ wrote:After asking this questions,,, Suddenly I already had a google ads to my forum>... What happen.... Is google taking advantage to my site..

@@KIRK Ok thanks for that i will do that , you got my point I need to have money to pay for domain name in the future..

Thanks for the direct link

For the google adds that are there. they are from forumotion.You can have that set for only guest to see.This way when you and your members are logged into your forum you will not see them.

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by roan^^ Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 6:37

how will i delete google ads?
roan^^
roan^^
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 6:38

If you got Google Ad's from Forumotion and you wish to add yours you need to pay to remove the ad's first and then add yours. You can't have more than one contract with Google for ads
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by roan^^ Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 6:53

For the google adds that are there. they are from forumotion.You can have that set for only guest to see.This way when you and your members are logged into your forum you will not see them.

I got It..Thanks

If you got Google Ad's from Forumotion and you wish to add yours you need to pay to remove the ad's first and then add yours. You can't have more than one contract with Google for ads

Are you sure I need to pay to forumotion to remove the ads so that I can replace my own ads in my forum?

How will I do a transaction for that?

How will I communicate with forumotion for that matters?
roan^^
roan^^
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 6:55

By Going into your admin panel>>Misc Tab>>Buy Credits>>Then Spend>>Remove Ad's and they are gone.

Then after that you add your ad's.

Yes I am sure that you need to do this as Typlo said in other post Google doesn't do more than one contract.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by roan^^ Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 7:12

Can I Set my own google ads to a widget? so that I will not delete the original ads by forumotion..

Instead I will add my own ads as a widgets..

Im not that familiar with widgets.

Thanks
roan^^
roan^^
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 7:17

I always thought that google provide you with a code and you can place them where you want.. but never did it either so Mario is probably right about the contract thing.

Al though if you were to make html pages and leave your headers out the i dont see why you would not be bale to place them there.

but we'll mrmario confirm that. like i said i never did the google adsense.. well not on a free forum anyway.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down